How to make a face look less thin?

I am 40 years old woman, I have a very long thin face with a pointy chin. I add filler to my cheeks but it seems like I can never have enough and still lack volume and width to my jaw. I would like my face wider with more volume permanently. Should I seek chin, jaw or cheek implants or all of the above, yet if implants are the answer could it make me look masculine? Should I seek a wrap around custom implant or a few different implants? If don't like them can they can be removed or filed down?

Candidate for a chin augmentation

Without an exam or at least pictures, your question cannot be answered.  You will need to see an Oral/Maxillofacial surgeon to see if othognathic surgery, genioplasty or using an implant is best for your specific case. It should be noted that patients with severely weak jaws or abnormally functioning jaws may be better treated with other facial surgery (orthognathic surgery), although a chin augmentation may be an option at a later time. These patients should seek the advice of a plastic surgeon to determine which course is right for them. Here is some information to help you make this decision:
Candidates for Chin Augmentation -
Patients whose chin profiles are weak but have normally functioning jaws are candidates for Chin Augmentation. Many of these candidates have used injectable fillers in the past to strengthen the protrusion of their chins, but are looking for a permanent solution. If you are one of these patients, then you are a likely candidate for chin augmentation.

Thin face

A thin face can be helped with either fillers or implants. Custom implants are not typically needed unless there is a lot of asymmetry that needs to be addressed. Implants to the jaw angle can be problematic. I prefer using long lasting fillers in this area, like Voluma. 

Richard W. Westreich, MD
Manhattan Facial Plastic Surgeon

How to make a face look less thin? I add filler but still lack volume.

Hi, non smiling photos of your face from the front and side would help with the evaluation. I have performed many facial shaping procedures using dermal fillers, facial implants (cheek, chin), liposuction and/or facelifts for over 30 years. Following the beauty principles outlined in my book on face and body beauty, women look the most feminine, youthful and attractive with heart shaped faces. Heart shaped faces have cheeks that are full and round in the front. Cheek augmentation with a dermal filler or using cheek implants for a permanent enhancement will create full, round cheeks that will feminize the entire face.
A weak chin creates an imbalance making the nose appear larger, the mid face top heavy and the lower face look short that de-emphasizes the lips and allows early formation of a double chin.  Chin augmentation using a chin implant will add projection to the chin creating harmony and balance to the lower face. 

I have found that placement of a silastic chin implant, through a small curved incision under the chin (also allows excess skin removal) to be very safe, quick, highly effective and far less invasive than a sliding genioplasty.  I perform chin implant surgery in 30 minutes or less, often using a local anesthetic alone.  In my opinion, you are a good candidate for chin implant surgery.

If the proper size, shape and thickness of implants are used to shape your cheeks and chin, you will have a more feminine face with a balanced lower face.  If however a masculine shaped implant is used, in either the cheek or chin, this would not be the case. Shaping the face aesthetically requires sound aesthetic judgement in how to make a female face more youthful and naturally attractive.
Hope this helps.