If my face has a slight consistent red or pinkish pigmentation, which is the best laser treatment for me IPC or Genesis?

My skin is consistently a red/pinkish hue genetically and not due to rosacia (I don't believe) as it is a consistent color throughout my face. I flush easily, etc. what's my best option to reduce overall redness appearance?

IPL or Genesis

My recommendation would be to schedule a consultation with a board certified Dermatologist to determine if the redness is in fact rosacea.  Once rosacea is ruled out, IPL would be the preferred treatment for redness reduction.  Also, consider changing your skincare regimen to products reducing redness.

Laser for Facial Redness

First, I would recommend being evaluated by a board-certified dermatologist to determine if you do in fact have rosacea or some other underlying medical condition that could be helped with medication. Whatever the cause of your redness, in my practice we use the Vbeam laser to very successfully decrease facial redness. Vbeam is a pulsed dye laser that targets the area with an intense yet gentle burst of light and diminishes redness with minimal discomfort and zero downtime. In addition to redness, this laser will treat photo-aging as well, helping to build collagen and reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. 

Dennis Gross, MD