What happens if I get both my eyelids and forehead injected with Botox?

I'm dealing with ptosis and some close on the right side of my face. I've had eyelid ptosis since high school but I'm 30 and it feels like both my forehead and eyelid are always sore because I have to compensate and raise my forehead/brows there. Can I use botox to raise the "droopy" side of my forehead & hope that will be sufficient? If I get both forehead and eyelid injected, am I at risk of making the drooping worse due to excess botox in that region? #botox #forehead #droopy eyelid #risk

Botox and Ptosis

It is difficult to say without photos as to what your exact condition is and whether or not Botox would help you.  I would post photos to better answer your question since there are some cases which require surgery and some which can be helped with Botox.  Best, Dr. Green

Ptosis and botox

Treat the eyelid ptosis first with surgery. I would not recommend Botox to try to compensate.  Best of luck.

Eye Ptosis

It would be helpful to have pictures, but from what you are describing I would think that botox in the glabella and lateral eyebrow area will help lift the eye lids. 

Botox and droopy eyelids

it is very difficult to tell what you are describing without pictures, but it sounds like Botox would be of some benefit to even things out a bit but be sure you see a board certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon

Melvin Elson, MD
Nashville Dermatologist

Eyelid Ptosis

Thank you for your question. Photographs would be very helpful in this situation to clarify your anatomy. Many patients with eyelid ptosis develop deep forehead wrinkles because rains the brow will also elevate the eyelid in order to compensate. Botox in the global area, between the eyes, can relax the brow depressor muscles and allow the forehead muscle called Frontalis to work unopposed and potentially raise the brow with less effort. In all likelihood Botox your forehead will worsen your ptosis as u weaken the frontalis muscle will will make raising your eyelids more difficult
Be sure to consult and experienced board certified Plastic surgeon or Dermatologist with expertise in Botox. If your ptosis is worsening you should see an Ophthalmologist 
Best of Luck
DrG

Lee A. Gibstein, MD