Extremely asymmetric and tuberous breast. (photos)

I'm 18 years old and have one breast that never developed (barely a cup) and another that has developed in what looks like a tuberous breast (b/c cup). Is there a surgery that can even fix this?

Breast asymmetry

All breasts are different left to right before any surgeries, yours are very different. Typically, implants can be placed in the smaller (possibly both) with a lift/reduction of the larger side.An exam and consultation with a plastic surgeon is recommended to discuss your options and expectations.

Asymmetry with one tuberous breast

Your condition can be improved but how much depends on the degree of size asymmetry as well as how tuberous the breast is.  When only a little tuberous, an implant alone can often provide significant correction, however, when it is significant, more aggressive surgery may be required.  Another issue is the size asymmetry.  Putting in different size implants can reduce the overall size asymmetry but not necessarily the overall symmetry of appearance.  This is not a rare situation and would be worth your while to have an in person evaluation.

Richard L. Zeff, MD
Portsmouth Plastic Surgeon

Breast Augmentation

Hi Boobies,  I cannot view your posted pictures, but yes there is a surgery that can fix TB and size difference because we have a large series of tuberous breast patients.  See the video and the journal article below.  The video discusses the different types of TB, so you can see if you have it at all, and if so what type.  Be sure to see a BC PS with tons of experience with TB and size difference and breast underdevelopment.  All the best, Dr. Joe

The tuberous breast

Thanks for your question.   Your photos seems to have some problem when uploading.  Please upload again your photos for a more accurate answer. 

Derby Sang Caputo, MD

Tuberous breast?

Thanks for your inquiry, but your pictures do not seem to be loaded correctly.  Please resubmit the pictures so we can give you better advice.  Many breast procedures are designed to counter the effects of asymmetry.   

Breast Augmentation/Breast Implants/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision

I appreciate your question. Constricted or tubular breasts tend to be too narrow with a breast crease that is too high. Tight ring-like bands of tissue around the areolae and nipples may create the appearance of protruding or puffy areolae. A higher than normal breast crease may make your nipples appear to be too low or down pointing. Constricted breast features can be very mild or severe. In fact, mild variations are relatively common. To summarize, the features can include:
  •          Inframammary fold (breast crease) too high
  •          Inframammary fold misshapen
  •          Breasts too narrow (disproportionately narrow base width)
  •          Insufficient breast skin
  •          Constricted or tubular shape, resulting from tight bands of tissue within breasts
  •          Protruding or bulging appearance of areolae (pigmented area around nipples)
Improvement is possible and generally includes a breast augmentation, sometimes combined with a lift (mastopexy). The lift is usually limited to an incision around the areolae. During the procedure, I release the tight, constricting bands from the inside, allowing the skin to expand properly. I also lower the inframammary fold to a more ideal position and improve its shape. Breast implants help create the right amount of volume and improve breast contours, resulting in a more rounded or tear drop shape. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery. Best of luck!Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon #RealSelfCORESurgeon

Tuberous Breasts/Asymmetry

Thank you for your question however the images are not displaying for me. Tuberous breasts can beaddressed with release of constricted tissue, lift/reduction of areolas and placement of a silicone gel implant. Asymmetries are common and can often be helped with two different sized implants. You will need to be examined and measured in person for personalized planning. I recommend that you select a board certified Plastic Surgeon who has experience in this area and before and after photos which appeal to you.
All the best!

You will benefit from implants

Hi. Thanks for the images. You will benefit from a Breast Implant. Go for smaller implants initially, since the skin may not be very accomodative if you go for a larger implant straight away. At a later stage, you can go for a bigger implant to match the other side. By that time, the skin will become more accomodative and you wont have much discomfort as well. 

Breast asymmetry

There are a variety of alternatives including augmenting the smaller breast while reducing/lifting the larger one.  It's important for you to decide what your goal is first and then to see a board certified plastic surgeon who is experienced in the challenges of this surgery.  Best wishes!

Breast Asymmetry

Yes, this can be address with an implant on both sides, as well as a possible lift with radial scoring and lowering the fold on the developed side.  I recommend an in-office examination as well as a detailed discussion with a surgeon who you are comfortable with and who is a board-certified Plastic Surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery. Best wishes! Dr. Desai
Harvard Educated, Beverly Hills & Miami Beach Trained, Double-Board Certified Plastic Surgeon