Can someone please explain what is this lip mask? (photos)

Can someone please explain what is this lip mask? I had it twice this year already and I dont understand whats causing it. Please give me some kind of advice as to what should i do to get rid of it. So that I can have my natural pink lips back. Ive tried the lemon and Honey remedy it only brighten it temporarily and this morning I woke up it was darker. Now its throbbing. Its becoming a huge insecurity for me. People are asking me if I smoke and thats a big NO. Please Please Help!!

Hyperpigmentation on lips- treatment options include skin lightening, fillers, peels, steroid creams

Skin lightening creams, low density lasers, VI peels and PRP all help. I suggest a formal consultation with a dermatologist. Best, Dr. Emer