Could this be another episode of postinflammatory hyperpigmentation? (Photo)

I had Fraxel done on 5/11/15 and experienced postinflammatory hyperpigmentation. I tried bleaching creams, had some improvement but the pigmented spots did not go away completely. My dermatologist recommended repeat the Fraxel on lower settings which I had done on 7/2/15. Today, 7/12/15, the three spots that he repeated the Fraxel on are very dark. Any advice on what I should expect and what I would ultimately have to do? I am South Asian. Attached is a pic today.

Could this be another episode of postinflammatory hyperpigmentation?

Thank you for your question. It would be more helpful to know what you were trying to correct with the laser treatment to give solid advice. Considering your skin type you should have been pre treated for several weeks to avoid this problem. More treatments of the same kind are only going to make it worse at this point. Consult with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon for a treatment plan that is best for you.

Fraxel and Skin type

Fraxel is a fabulous laser but it really depends on skin type. For your particular skin type I utilize chemical peels or eMatrix depending on what the condition is.  I would recommend that you stop having Fraxel since it is making it darker.  Please consult a board certified dermatologist who has experience with these cosmetic lasers to help you.