Is having elevated thyroid antibodies considered a thyroid problem?

Im looking into having plastic surgery in DR and read no thyroid problems or check by endocrinologist. I had a physical exam with blood in December and thyroid was fine. I recently had another set of labs and my thyroid antibodies were elevated. My pcp said there's no dysfunction and I'm not on meds. I will recheck in August. Is this considered a "thyroid problem"?

Thyroid disease before DR surgery

Thank you for asking about your surgery.

• Yes, thyroid auto-antibodies suggest that since your last test you have developed a possible thyroid disorder.
  • Your DR plastic surgeon says you need an endocrinologist to check you -
  • That is what you should do.
  • It is possible that you have developed Hashimoto's thyroiditis - and may need monitoring of thyroid function before and after your surgery.
  • Please be aware that the DR is reported to have significant problems with respect to elective surgery.
  • Be particularly careful if your surgeon is not ABMS Board Certified in Plastic Surgery.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Best wishes - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS