Is it to early to tell how they're going to heal? Can this be corrected? (Photo)

I had a hematoma in my right breast and I had to have it cleaned out and they're still asymmetrical. I am almost 3 weeks post op and I am already noticing some issues with my breast. My nipples were placed very high and the way the breast tissue is bottoming out I think they're going to look strange.The right one is really hard and the the left one is fine but I am concerned about the nipple. I went down from an E cup to a C cup.

Swelling after Breast Reduction

There is a lot of swelling following a breast reduction procedure.  It will take at least 6-12 weeks for the swelling to subside and the tissues to settle.  If you had a complication, such as a collection of blood (hematoma) then the swelling will persist even longer!  Please give it time, maybe 3-6 months and then re-evaluate.  If there is significant asymmetry at this point in time then a minor touch up procedure might be of benefit.

Good Luck!

Omaha Plastic Surgeon

Early days

At this stage I think you have a good result.  It is very very early days & only time will tell what your exact outcome will be, but I would expect that any asymmetries will become less apparent the further out from your surgery you are.

Kim Taylor, FRACS
Melbourne Plastic Surgeon

Hematoma and breast

The breast with the hematoma is usually harder than the other breast and may take longer to heal and soften than the other breast.

Breast reduction post op

Thanks for the question and pictures.

Danie 3 weeks of post op is too early to give an opinion.

your breast are swollen, need to be patient, contact your PS for sure he's going to calm you.

you can still expect changes 3 months after. 

good luck!

Eduardo Mejia, MD