Droopy right eyelid. What can I do?

My right eyelid is a lot more droopy than my left one, it's totally noticeable even more so when I put make up done. What can I do

Droopy eyelids

Thank you for your question.  Different factor can contribute to eyelid asymmetry.  Without photos, it would be impossible to provide you with an accurate answer to your question.  The good news is that eyelid asymmetry or malposition can be corrected.  Seek a consultation with a surgeon experienced in eyelid surgery.  Good luck!

Newport Beach Oculoplastic Surgeon

Droopy eyelid

Without photos it is difficult to assess your specific problem. But in general, it could be excess skin on the upper lid, low eyebrow, weakness off the eyelid muscle (ptosis) or a combination of above. See a specialist for hands on consultation.

Andrew Pichler, MD
Sacramento Facial Plastic Surgeon

Droopy Eyelids

Thank you for your question.  In the absence of photos or a physical exam it is difficult to say what your options are or what might be causing the ptosis of your right eyelid.  Sometimes this sort of droop can be attributed simply to the aging process, however, sometimes this ptosis is the result of some type of trauma or medical condition.  Hooding, or excess skin, of the upper eyelids (what patients will sometimes define as 'heaviness' of the upper eyelids) can generally be addressed with an upper lid blepharoplasty.  

I would recommend scheduling a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon who is well-experienced in these procedures.  At the time of your consultation the eyelids will be fully evaluated, the cause for this 'droop' that you complain of would be better defined and an appropriate course of action can be laid out.  I hope you find this helpful and I wish you the best! 

Treatment of droopy eyelid

Thank you for sharing your question. A droopy eyelid could be due to several conditions and is usually easily treated by eyelid specialists. Make an appointment for comprehensive evaluation and discussion of treatment plan with an experienced Oculoplastic Surgeon.  Good luck,

Droopy right eyelid. What can I do?

Hello. Without a photo it is difficult to tell what is going on and what your options may be. Your best starting point woud be to meet with a experienced plastic surgeon and ask what your options are. Good luck!

Dean Vistnes, MD.

Vistnes Plastic Surgery

San Francisco Bay Area

M. Dean Vistnes, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Droopy eyelid

It is very likely that you have ptosis of one of your eyelids. An in person examination will be needed to confirm that. This is easily correctable with surgery. Your surgeon will need to examine your other side, since it is possible for the repair of one side to unmask previously undetected ptosis on the other side. You should seek an in person consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon. Good luck!

Ptosis: droopy eyelid

Eyelid ptosis is a drooping of the eyelid. This may caused by age, trauma, medical conditions, or you may be born with it. 

It's important to have a thorough evaluation to determine the cause of your ptosis. It's also important to evaluate both eyes, as your other eye may have less obvious ptosis. With a diagnosis, your doctor can offer the safest and most effective treatment. I have an oculoplastic specialist evaluate my patients who have a droopy eye. I appreciate that fact that he has the eyelid expertise to give my patients a better result. Safety comes first.

Victor Chung, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Droopy Eyelid

Hello, it seems that you may have right eyelid ptosis and may be a candidate for a upper lid ptosis repair. It may be worthwhile to set up a consultation with an oculoplastic surgeon to best determine your options. Best of luck!

Droopy Eyelid

There are many causes of eyelid ptosis (droopiness). Involutional ptosis is the most common form of acquired ptosis and is the result of age related changes (dehisence of the levator aponeurosis). These patients do well with surgical correction. The surgery is relatively easy and can be performed in an outpatient surgicenter.

Please seek a board certified plastic surgeon. Best wishes!

George C. Peck, Jr, MD
West Orange Plastic Surgeon

Eyelid evaluation

Hello and thank you for your question.  You may be a candidate for ptosis repair, but you would need to be evaluated in person.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and evaluate their results.  The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD