Will droopy eye/puffy eyes always result from my Botox? Is it from injections around hairline or between brows?

I had botox about 6 yrs ago twice with success, to treat one forehead line using injections around upper forehead. 2 yrs ago, I had it for forehead and in-between brows and it resulted in droopy right eye- awful and didn't clear for 8 months. When wrinkles returned I had it again with another doctor and my eyes were very puffy/heavy for months, especially the right eye. I want another treatment to reduce forehead wrinkles and an angry resting look but will this always happen to me? Help!

Forehead Lines/Eye Wrinkles and Bags -- Combination of Lasers, Fillers, Needling, Skin Care

This is very common, but this complication should not last 8 months, droopy eyes/bags need a combination of lasers, filler and microneedling with proper post  skin care regimen. I suggest a consultation with an experienced cosmetic surgeon who can treat your forehead lines without the side effects you've unfortunately experienced. Best, Dr. Emer

Thank you for your question and I am sorry to hear of your previous poor botox experiences.  Without photographs it is difficult to offer more definitive treatment options, but placement of Botox low along the forehead may cause some eyebrow heaviness and drooping, or could make upper eyelid skin excess appear worse.  In these cases patients are better surgical candidates for either a brow lift, forehead lift, upper lid blepharoplasty.  Be sure to see an ASPS board certified plastic surgeon in consultation. 

Droopy lids after Botox

Since you've posted no pictures, its impossible to provide you with a relevant response. The results of Botox treatment has to do with your existing anatomy, the goal of treatment and the experience and skill of the treating doctor. 

Edwin Ishoo, MD
Cambridge Facial Plastic Surgeon

Hello holiday81,

Based on your description it sounds like you have low set eyebrows.  Your frontalis muscle (the muscle of the forehead) is constantly working to pull your eyebrow up.  When you get Botox it causes your eyebrows to return to their natural position which is giving you the look you don't like.  You can try to have Botox treated high on the forehead but this will still leave wrinkles above your eyebrows.  

I'd recommend an in person consultation with a facial plastic surgeon or dermatologist to better assess your forehead and brow position to determine if you will be a good candidate for treatment.

I hope this helps and good luck.  

William Marshall Guy, MD
The Woodlands Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botox and Eye Puffiness

It sounds as if you are having Botox injected too low on your forehead or you may have extra skin already in the upper eye area.  An experienced Botox injector should be able to avoid this puffiness and give you the best results.  Best, Dr. Green