Is a drooping tip post rhinoplasty due to not enough cartilage removed or scar tissue formation? Can this be fixed? (Photo)

I'm a little over a year post rhinoplasty. I was never expecting to have to go through revision but I haven't been satisfied with my front view results. When my cast first came off, my nose was everything I wanted (no hanging tip) however, about 3 months post op when swelling increased my tip started sticking out more creating a bulbous and dropping look. surgeon says it's still hard and has some swelling and that its scar tissue that has developed. My nose also looks crooked.

Revision Rhinoplasty

Thanks for the question.  Preop photos would be helpful for comparison.  I does appear that you have some asymmetry of the columella with deviation to the left which is also resulting in some nostril size asymmetry.  I do not recommend any revisions until one year postoperatively.  I recommend seeing a board-certified plastic surgeon with experience in revision rhinoplasties.  It is imperative that you bring the following items to the consultation;  preoperative photos, postoperative photos, and a copy of the operative report from the first surgery.  This will help the surgeon to determine what is the best course of action.

Revision Rhinoplasty

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Cause of Dropping Tip 1 Year Post Rhinoplasty

You do have an asymmetrical collapsed tip with a hanging columella but it is difficult to diagnose the cause without  a full set of pictures as described on my website. I suspect there is a lack of tip support rather than too much cartilage or excessive scar tissue.

Revision rhinoplasty.

Rhinoplasty does sometimes need revision surgery. After a year a decision can be made regarding this.

It is difficult in your case to give an opinion. We should have pre-op photographs available in order to assess what has been accomplished and what might still need to be done.

Good luck

Revision rhinoplasty.

Good luck