Is it ok to drive 10 days post op TT and lipo on the flanks?

Is it ok to drive 10 days post op TT and lipo on the flanks? I'm no longer in any real pain. Healing is going well. Is driving ok by now?

Driving after a tummy tuck and lipo

Thank you very much for your question and congratulations on your recent procedure. In general, you should be able to resume driving between 10 and 14 days post-op, as long as your healing is going according to plan, and you are no longer on any pain medications. However, your operating surgeon will need to give the final approval for you to resume driving, as only he/she knows your individual situation. Contact your plastic surgeon’s office for further instructions or to schedule a follow-up appointment.

OK to Drive 10 Days Post Op?

You should get clearance from your surgeon. For my patients, as long as they are off pain medication, they are usually able to start driving within 7 to 10 days. Good luck!

Miguel Delgado, MD

as long as you are off pain medicine and you feel it is safe for me to driving on the road near you  go ahead

Jonathan Saunders, MD
Newark Plastic Surgeon

Driving after Tummy Tuck/Lipo

Dear plasticbrain, 

I would confirm with your operating surgeon, but as long as patients are off of the narcotic pain medication and feel they can safely react to any hazards then we allow them to drive around 10 days after surgery. Good luck!

usually instruct my patients not to drive for 10 days following a TT. But you should consult with your surgeon for post-op instructions.

George Lefkovits, MD

This is really a question for your surgeon. I allow my patients to drive as soon as they are no longer taking narcotics for pain control.

Driving after a tummy tuck

I usually restrict patients from driving for about 10-14 days after surgery.  Each doctor is a bit different. It also depends upon how you are healing. Good luck.

Tummy tuck

It is important to consult with your plastic surgeon about any questions or concerns that you may have. As long as you have stopped taking your pain medication, muscle relaxers etc and are comfortable with the seat belt across your abdomen and movements required for driving, then I see no reason for you not to be able to resume driving 10 days post op. Best of luck in your recovery.

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

Is it ok to drive 10 days after a tummy tuck?

Hi and thanks for your question,

Glad to hear your are doing well.  I tell my patients that they can drive as soon as they are off their pain medication and are comfortable.  Of course, they will still be in a binder but this should not restrict their movement.  You should ask your plastic surgeon what his or her policy is on driving postop in NY. Likely more intense than in Canada :)

Robin Evans, MD, FRCSC
British Columbia Plastic Surgeon