Dog bite scar on chin from 6 years old, now 25 years old. (photos)

I have many issues with my skin that I am trying to improve step by step. Please ignore the acne in the photos. I have a scar on my chin from a dog bite ( 78 stitches at age 6 ) there are 3 prominent marks as you can see. I also have a scar at the bridge of my nose, in between the brows from hitting my head into the corner of a table ( 4 stitches at age 3 ) I'm now 25 and I want to do something for them.

Scar Revision NYC

Pia,  It appears from your photos that you may be a candidate for scar revision, but physical exam would be helpful. Usually scar revision can be done in the office under local anesthesia, and in your case, should take less than 1 hour. Strict scar care afterwards is recommended, as it helps with scar maturation and result. Check out the link below to an article I wrote about the subject, as it may help you understand the process. Be sure to consult with a board certified plastic surgeon, good luck!

Scar revision

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you may be a candidate for a scar revision.  The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD