Did the doctor fix my deviated caudal septum or just worked around it? Is this a normal procedure? I can still see it.

I'm 8 days post septo-rhinoplasty. I had a severely deviated septum with the caudal septum protruding through my left nostril. A crooked tip and uneven nostrils. I expected for my septum to be straighten and my nostrils and nose would move back to the center like they once were. But my caudal septum is exactly the same as it was before. I'm afraid the tip of my nose will continue to move since it has done so slowly for many years. Is it possible my septum was never repositioned as discussed?

Crooked septum

Is it possible that the caudal septum was not treated... yes.  I did not perform your surgery so I would not know. But perhaps it was difficult to straighten it anymore than what was done? Best to ask your surgeon.

1 week post op, some advices:

Thank you very much for enquire.

Swelling after a rhinoplasty depends of the surgery complexity. In this regard, the nasal swelling Post-op It can last from two weeks to two months. To reduce this swelling, I recommend you perform delicates daily lymphatic drainage massage therapy over the face (around the nose) avoid sun exposure, and take pain/inflamation pills, as your surgeron precribe you. Kind regards,  Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-  

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD