Looking for a doctor who is experienced in treating raised acne scars (photo)

My acne comes and goes, I get hormonal acne around my chin area. Currently I do not have any active acne however I have scars on my chin/nose that look like acne. They are raised bumps and have been there for two years. I am looking for a doctor who is experienced in treating acne scars such as mine (please see attached picture). Again I want to mention they are not acne just looks very much like acne. Thank you!
Click here to find doctors in your area.

Raised Acne Scars and Treatment

An in office consultation is needed to assess the quality of the skin and the exact nature of the scars.  These scars may be treated with Fraxel or eMatrix and cortisone injections.  This may be complicated and I would suggest you consult an expert.  Best, Dr. Green

Acne Scars – Combination of Treatments Needed

The best treatment for acne scars depends upon an individual’s skin type, age, ethnicity, sun exposure, overall health and most importantly, the type of acne scars present (ice pick scars, boxcar scars, rolling scars, hypertrophic scars and variable degrees of hyperpigmentation). In order to give you an accurate treatment plan, a consultation is required to properly assess your skin. An important step for all skin types is sun protection including the use of daily sunscreen, sun hats and sunglasses, all of which help prevent aging and sunburns.  When it comes to acne scar treatments, a combination of treatments are available including cosmeceuticals (medical grade skin care products specific for acne including ZO® Skin Health or ZO® Medical, Skinceuticals® or Glo-Minerals®), advanced laser resurfacing procedures (CO2 laser, Er:YAG laser, Fraxel DUAL®, PicoSure® FOCUS Lens Array), chemical peels (light, medium, deep including the blue peel), dermabrasion, augmentation/fillers, excision and/or subcision, punch techniques, microneedling/rolling, injections (corticosteroids, 5-FU), cryosurgery, electrodesiccation and microdermabrasion.  These are advanced techniques so be sure to get an experienced dermatologist or plastic surgeon consultation for recommendations and treatment options.

Alim R. Devani, MD, FRCPC
Calgary Dermatologist