Which doctor in the DR for surgery? How to get a quote? How to contact DR doctors and why info to include? Who has best price?

I've been thinking about surgery for a long time maybe over 5 yrs. I've never look into it any further because figured I can never afford it. I've been following some of the surgeons in DR &decided I'm finally really determined to do this. I'm nervous to start this journey. My fam won't approve esp going out the country. I have to do this for myself my own confidence. I'm about 195lb and working on losing weight. I plan on BBL, BL, LIPO, TT.Can anyone help me since I'm in the beginning stage.

Medical tourism

Medical tourism has becoming increasingly popular in recent years; patients have been flying out of the U.S. for plastic surgery, lured by lower prices.
However, a parallel trend has also appeared: plastic surgeons in the United States are finding themselves treating an increasing number of patients who plastic surgery abroad, correcting complications and errors. A survey by the American Society of Plastic Surgeons found that 80% of the responding doctors had treated American medical tourists for complications including infection, contour abnormalities, and hematoma.
Medical tourists are often led to believe that they will receive the same quality of care for a lower price in a foreign clinic. But while it is true that the cost of plastic surgery in some foreign countries is lower, this is often because the quality of care and surgery is compromised. Such patients also seem to neglect the possibility of complications and the need for a follow-up visit.
In addition to the risks posed by sub-standard medical care abroad, medical tourists must consider the risks of injections and implants in other countries.
It is often the case that medical tourists end up spending more money because they have to pay to treat complications from their overseas surgery.
Source: The Cost of Medical Tourism – Medscape Medical News

Which doctor in the DR for surgery? How to get a quote? How to contact DR doctors and why info to include?

Although I understand your concerns regarding the finances  involved with the procedures you are planning, I would caution you ( as your family has) about having surgery far away from your home.  Patients tend to underestimate the importance of close follow-up… Make your decisions carefully.  Best wishes.

Dr Derby

Most DR doctors are also member here in Realself. maybe it is best to send photos to various doctors and ask for quotes. I am sure you will have a great experience .Best of Luck

Derby Sang Caputo, MD

Traveling Out of the Country for a Mommy Makeover

Those are all very good questions. The Mommy Makeover is a combination of procedures to bring a woman’s body back to the way she looked prior to pregnancy. Most commonly some variation of a #TummyTuck and #BreastSurgery are performed. Additional procedures can include liposuction, umbilical hernia repair.  The most common #breastprocedures include #mastopexy or #breastlift, #breastaugmentation, or #breastreduction. 

In addition to a one-on-one consultations with a board certified Plastic Surgeon, patients always need to be seen by their primary care doctor prior to such procedures.  We screen every patient and their medical records for risks of blood clots (DVT) and then take appropriate measure.

Therefore, it may be in your best interest to not #travel out of the country for such procedures. Unless, you know the doctor or facility where the procedures take place well or have a previous experience with them, there is an increased chance of problems, #complications, or #emergencies which may lack the necessary attention as you would acquire easier within the United States.