My doctor uses the cutera laser. Is it the right laser for red and black ink?

Cutera Enlighten

Yes, if it is the Cutera Enlighten. It will work on both black and red ink. 

My best,
Dr. Sheila Nazarian
@drsheilanazarian on Instagram

Laser for Tattoo Removal

Yes, if you are being treated with the Cutera Enlighten.  The wavelengths of this laser can specifically target black and red ink, and you will see faster clearance with the picosecond than you would with a traditional Q-switched laser.

Sejal Shah, MD

Cutera is a no yag 1064-532. 1064 works on black ink and 532 is the best wavelength for red ink. The number of sessions varies by depth of ink, age of the tattoo, and location on the body. Expect 4-6 for enlighten the picosecond laser and more sessions for nanosecond laser. A 8 week interval between sessions or longer is best so the body can clear the ink.

Morris Westfried, MD
Long Island Dermatologic Surgeon