Non-dissolving suture deep in 6-month old submental chin implant incision.

There is a non-dissolving suture left in my chin implant incision. I think the surgeon missed it when removing the stitches. It feels like a small pebble and is irritating to touch/lean on. I went to an Urgent Care and they poked around and couldn't find it. What should I do ?

Sutures in chin implant site

Your best bet would be to contact your surgeon's office as they would have the surgical records and know exactly which suture and size was used.  This way it would be easiest for either the surgeon to remove the stitch if no longer necessary, or communicate the information to have someone else remove it for you.  Best of luck.  

Delray Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Sutures in chin implant site

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Delray Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon