Did I get ripped off with my non surgical rhinoplasty?

I got a non surgical rhinoplasty about 2 months ago in NYC. 1 syringe of Restalyne. Researched before and saw general prices, but was appraised at $2500 for the procedure when I got there. It seemed way too high, but I was told it was because of the doctors skill level, so I went through with it. I like the results, but they're already fading a bit and, in retrospect, I feel like I may have been ripped off financially. Can anyone give me some good input?

Nonsurgical rhinoplasty cost

Most doctors (myself included) charge by syringe rather than by location.  One half syringe of Restylane (which in my experience is usually more than sufficient for the nonsurgical rhinoplasty) is $450 in our practice.  Perhaps your situation was unusually complex, but still...

Not all physicians perform this procedure, as it requires more skill and there are potential serious side effects.  It is important to see someone who knows the facial anatomy and has performed nonsurgical rhinoplasties many times in the past.

Please let me know if you have any further questions. 

All the best! Dr. Clark

Non Surgical Rhinoplasty and Cost

Restylane is a fabulous injection and the price for most offices is based on the syringe.  Do you know how many syringes were used? That would give you the best idea of the price.  Please consult with a reputable board certified dermatologist who has experience with these procedures.

Michele S. Green, MD

Each practice differs in regards to pricing of filler products, especially injectable rhinoplasty.

Each practice differs in regards to pricing of filler products, especially injectable rhinoplasty. Extensive research is required to discover pricing and experience between injectors. Some practices charge by syringe and some by location, difficult to reason between practices as they set their own prices.

All the Best. 

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Non surgical rhinoplasty cost

It sounds like a lot of money but what you are paying for is the skill of the injector and not just the product.  The nose is a complex area to treat and the most important thing of course is a safe and aesthetically pleasing result.   We charge by the syringe except for the eye area where the injections take longer so we charge a bit more (and probably are undercharging for complex areas like the nose).  If you like the result, for future treatments seek out an expert injector, who is board certified,  that can give you a similar result for less money, if cost is a concern.  That said, stay away from offers that seem too good to be true and always avoid the lowest priced clinics because you are paying for the expertise and experience of the surgeon not just the syringe.   (I often prefer Juvederm Ultra plus in the nose depending on the shape i'm trying to achieve or Perlane since in my experience they last longer in this area).  

Best of luck.

Joseph A. Eviatar, MD, FACS
New York Oculoplastic Surgeon

Non Surgical Rhinoplasty

There is no standard price for any syringe of filler.  The price you paid is extremely high, but you agreed to the cost, and the person injecting is able to charge a high price if they are experienced and have the expertise.  My suggestion is to discuss this with your physician and research the average costs of 1 syringe in your area.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Nonsurgical rhinoplasty

That is a lot of money for one syringe.  I don't want to fuel the fires but calling a syringe of filler a rhinoplasty and charging accordingly does not seem right to me. If it gave you an improvement, you could repeat the treatment but find someone who is an experienced plastic surgeon and will not take you to the cleaners!  I agree with Dr Kim that a plastic surgeon who can perform both the filler and surgical rhinoplasty will be able to give you an objective opinion.

Robert L. Kraft, MD, FACS

This is a very difficult question to answer without seeing before/ after photos and knowing what was required. $2500 is very expensive for one syringe of filler. However, you are paying for your physician's expertise and experience. With that said, I would hope that you would get more than two months of benefit. If you feel like you haven't received a result that lives up to your expectations, you should discuss with the office and see what your options are. I hope this information is helpful for you.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Stephen Weber, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Pretty high price for short term result!

It is safe to say you paid a lot more than what Restylane and doctor's fee should cost, even in New York. It is your face after all, so exercise good judgment, but a cosmetic surgeon should be able to give you an honest opinion about cost effectiveness from the non-surgical treatment vs. rhinoplasty.  Furthermore, you probably should not have the injection done by a doctor who cannot perform the operation.  Why?  Because a conscientious doctor, who is skilled at both, will not try to push you in only one direction but rather educate you on what options you have so that you can make an informed choice.  This is the way medicine used to be but not any more.  I would advise you to see a plastic surgeon, board certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery, for an honest opinion.  Good luck!  Hopefully, you will get one.

Tae Ho Kim, MD

Nonsurgical rhinoplasty

FIllers in the nose are a temporary correction. If one syringe of restylane was used then I would say that was a bit on the high side.  A rhinoplasty might be a better long term solution.  Good luck.

Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty

Hi,

Restylane and/or juvaderm will give very temporary results. Longer lasting results can be achieved with radiesse. Pricing can vary from doctor to doctor depending on several factors.

Dr.S.

Oleh Slupchynskyj, MD, FACS