How to determine which procedure is the right one for me?

I'm 28 yo male and over last few years my facial appearance degraded significantly,probably because I have lost a lot of facial fat. To be fair,this was desired to happen since fat loss made my face less chubby, round and "baby-like",but on the other hand, it became very tired, unhealthy and sad-looking. Plastic surgeon said that I need fat grafting in infraorbitalrim area and cheekbone. Maxfac proposed bimax due to CII bite,flat face and "weak soft tissue support". Who is right?

Facial sculpting

it is hard to say whether surgery, fillers, or fat grafting would be the best options for you without clinical photos. All can achieve volume changes in the midface and peri orbital area. The question is permanence and risk. Weighing those issues, most patients have a preference. Personally, I always try fillers first, since they are low risk and reversible. 

Manhattan Facial Plastic Surgeon

Volume loss in face

Unfortunately, without seeing photos or examining you in person, it is impossible to say which procedures would benefit you the most. Fat transfers can be quite successful for correction of volume loss in the face due to weight loss, but I would recommend seeing a board certified plastic surgeon who can examine you and go over all of your options. Good luck!

Ashley Gordon, MD

Facial Sculpting Using Fillers Like Voluma, Radiesse, Lyft, Juvederm and Sculptra and Fat

Please post photos for further evaluation. Fillers, implants and fat can all be used to sculpt and contour the face. I suggest an in person consultation with a facial sculpting expert. Best, Dr. Emer

Facial issues

Without seeing you in person, it is tough to say what would be right for you.  Best to be evaluated in person.

Facial evaluation

Hello and thank you for your question. In order to determine the best options, an in-person consultation would be most beneficial. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Facial fat loss

those are two vastly different treatments.   Fat graft in to add to the facial anatomy works great and is relatively noninvasive.   -- meaning not a large surgery  these are the advantages .  You could try this appearance first in the office setting by having injectables done to see you you enjoy the appearance.  Good luck

Sanjay Lalla, MD, FACS
West Orange Plastic Surgeon