After having Lipo and a BBL, how is a doctor able to determine where to place the drain?

Does it depend on the patient? Can a patient suggest where they would have the drain placed?

Drain placement

Thats a good question.  The internal location of the drain should be determined by the plastic surgeon since he/she will know here it would benefit from being the most.  Where the drain exits the skin can certainly be discussed and agreed to by both the surgeon and patient.

Good luck with your surgery.

Dr. Remus Repta

This is definitely up to the PS and their technique and also on the patient. Some PS put a drain on every patient  and others choose case by case. It is not common to allow the patient to dictate drain placement. 

Drain Placement ?

Than you for your question. Drain placement is determined by your plastic surgeon but location options can be discussed. Techniques are variable from surgeon to surgeon.Not every surgeon uses drains for liposuction but some may. Next step is to talk to your plastic surgeon and see if a drain is needed and where the location site may be. Best wishes.

Drain

I do not routinely use drains with a BBL or Liposuction. Some will place them through the liposuction access incisions.

Technical Details

Thank you for the question. I don't think it would be wise to interfere with the technical decisions your PS have made. Some surgeons use drains some not. Of course you should be informed about every detail of your operation.

kind regards,

Güray

Guray Yesiladali, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction and bbl

It's an important question. It's not a usual component of my practice to use drains for liposuction or a Brazilian butt lift. 

As far as drain placement, I'm always open to input from my patients. In cases where drains are needed, I explain where I plan on putting the drains. If there are any concerns , I explain my reason for choosing the site. I'm happy to adapt to my patients needs to so long as there aren't any safety or cosmetic concerns. 

Best wishes

Dr Jan

Badar Jan, MD
Allentown Plastic Surgeon