Deep acne scars all over my face & I wanted to know how to remove them? Should I consult a dermatologist or plastic surgeon?

Which field of doctor would be the best for acne scars removal ? I'm only 18 yrs old so I want to know that should I wait for 2-3 years or should I get it done immediately ?

Acne scar treatment

Acne scars can be treated both safely and effectively with a variety of treatments. The gold standard today to treat acne scars are lasers/energy based devices which were invented and developed by Harvard dermatologists. I think both dermatologists and plastic surgeons are options for you but you want to make sure you see someone that has specific expertise in the procedure, specializes in it (does not perform many other treatments or surgeries) and will perform the procedure personally and not delegate it out. My go to treatment is the Infini device but I also use Fraxel and ablative fractional resurfacing lasers.

Stamford Dermatologic Surgeon

Deep Acne Scars and Best Treatment

I treat so many many acne patients but no two patients are the same.  If you could post photos it would be helpful since it depends on the type of scar and your skin type as well.  eMatrix, Fraxel, and injections of fillers is the best combination of treatment.  Please consult a expert.  Best, Dr. Green