Crooked bridge & bulbous tip post Asian Rhinoplasty. Swelling or poor surgery? (Photos)

Hi I'm two weeks post-op and I know that is still very early; however, I can't help but feel this new nose does not fit my face. I got L implant with ear cartilage at the tip. There's a bump on my bridge and you can see when I'm in the light the nose looks crooked. The placement gives me that "avatar look". Also my tip is so bulbous :( I'm starting to become depressed looking at my nose. Is this all just swelling or did the surgery go wrong? Thank you in advance for your help.

Thank you for your question. You are experiencing a considerable amount of swelling, which is natural for the first 2-4 weeks after a Rhinoplasty. I suggest that you remain patient and follow your surgeon's recovery instructions to experience the best results. Keep in mind that it takes up to 12 months to fully heal from a rhinoplasty. Always consult with a board certified facial plastic surgeon.

Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

Deviation and bulge after nasal implant plus bulbous tip

Hi there and thank you for the question. 

You are correct in that it is very early days indeed after surgery to be able to satisfactorily assess it however it does seem that the top of the L strut at the root of the nose is too far forward and I wonder if it has become loose; usually it would be plastered down flush to the deeper tissues. 

In terms of the tip there is as yet no definition but if an ear cartilage graft has been placed then it can take quite some time for it to reveal its role in refining the nasal tip lobule area.

It would be best if you were to see your specialist and discuss these points in more depth.

I hope that you found this information helpful.

Best wishes

Tariq Ahmad, MBBChir, FRCS(Plast)
London Plastic Surgeon

I believe there is a genuine problem with your mplant that is sitting bent in a curved tunnel and is sitting too high giving your bridge excessive height - you need to have this adjust - I do not think this is due to swelling

2 weeks post op, some advices:

Thank you very much for enquire.

It's too early to make value judgments with 2 weeks after a rhinoplasty.
Swelling after a rhinoplasty depends of the surgery complexity.
In this regard, the nasal swelling Post-op It can last from two weeks to two months.
To reduce this swelling, I recommend you perform delicates daily lymphatic drainage massage therapy over the face (around the nose) avoid sun exposure, and take pain/inflamation pills, as your surgeron precribe you.
Kind regards, 
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-  

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Rhinoplasty Recovery

At 2 weeks, you are extremely early in your recovery period and the nose is expected to be quite swollen at this point. The majority of the swelling will resolve in 3-6 months, and will continue to resolve as your nose heals for up to 1-2 years. 

You have not reached your final shape as the nose will continue to heal and reduce in size for up to a year. Once it does reach its final shape you may be more pleased with the appearance of your nose.

Donald B. Yoo, MD

Crooked bridge & bulbous tip post Asian Rhinoplasty.

Although its still early post-op... the implant looks like its sitting in the wrong position. L-shaped nasal implants are can extrude and cause tension on the nasal skin. The only real way to assess this would be have you come in for physical examination to determine how much of this swelling and how much of this is mal-positioned implant.

Oleh Slupchynskyj, MD, FACS