Is the CoolSculpting fat reduction % consistent across treatments?

It is said that after one treatment patients can expect between 20 and 25% of fat loss in the area of treatment. Is the fat loss in each subsequent treatment of the same area the same as fat loss in the first treatment and if so, couldn't someone who was seeking a higher percentage of total fat loss continue to have treatments until they achieved their goal? I'm looking for a significant reduction in abdomen region fat (around 90%) and am wondering whether multiple CoolScultpting treatments in that area would help me achieve this outcome. 

Fat Reduction with Coolsculpting

It is estimated that you can lose 20 to 25% of fat after each applicator/treatment, although this does not seem like a high percentage it does create a big difference and therefore, patient satisication. This can reduce fat by half to one inch. You are able to go over areas if you are not satisfied with the results or if it is recommended that you will need to be treated again in the same area. It also depends on how much suction is obtained when placing the applicator on the area of the body. Obviously, higher suction and further in the cup will have better results. If it cant be pulled properly to mimic the suction cup, it can't be treated. Some patients may need multiple treatments to achieve their desired results. For best results, you should have a consultation with a experienced Coolsculpt trained physician and develop a plan for what is achievable and what's not.

All the best!

Dr Davin Lim
Dermatologist 

Brisbane Dermatologist

Yes and No

The scientific answer is no. The practical answer is yes, the more treatments you do the more fat you loose. This is true of non invasive fat removal choices, we offer our patients here at Key Laser, whether the choice is CoolSculpting, UltraShape or Vanquish.

Maybe the question you might ask is not just how many treatments, but which treatment choice for you.

Douglas J. Key, MD
Portland Dermatologic Surgeon

How much fat can be eliminated?

With Coolsculpting, if we get a good draw into the applicator, fat in the area treated can be diminished by 20-25%. (20-25% of the cells in the tissue that is drawn up in to the applicator).  As these cells are diminished, the area becomes smaller (which is good) but at some point we aren't able to get a significant, or good enough, amount of tissue to draw up into the applicator even though there are fat cells remaining.  So the notion of eliminating all or 90% of fat cells in an area are unrealistic. (with the suction or flat applicator)

Grant Stevens, MD

CoolSculpting fat % reduction

The fat loss is permanent after Coolsculpting. You typically lose 20-25% of the fat in the area treated, each time you treat it. I have done it to myself and my staff. It is truly effective and has no down time.

Best of Luck,
Sheila Nazarian

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

Treatment effectiveness for cool sculpting

This is an excellent question and gets to the bottom of the difference between lipo - suction and cool sculpting. It has been my observation, offering cool sculpting over the past couple of years, but some parts of the body responds better and some patients respond better treatment than others. The parts of the body to do well are usually the love handles and the lower abdomen. 

Coolsculpting and Fat reduction

Coolsculpting works in every patient to reduce the fat budge by 20 to 25% in a given area.  It is a great technology and that is why Coolsculpting has become so popular.