How does "CoolSculpting" compare to "Cool Etching"? Freeze the fat offered by Dr Leonard Grossman in NY.

CoolEtching vs Coolsculpting

Judging by the picture you attached, Cooletching appears to be the same as Coolsculpting.  Coolsculpting is the technology developed by Zeltiq and has been proven safe and effective.  Some practices like to name procedures they do have them stand out from other offices offering similar technology.   

Coolsculpting

Coolsculpting is an excellent form of non-invasive  fat reduction for the right patient. Some applicators take 1 or 2 hours but the new advantage applicators take only 35 minutes and have significantly less risk for delayed onset pain (especially in the abdomen). Results are seen at 2 months and typically 1-3 treatments will be necessary on each area to achieve ideal results. The number of treatments depends on the amount of fat there and the patient's goals.  There is not downtime and the results can be impressive in the right patient.  We also use the Zimmer Z-wave for improved patient comfort and added results. The best candidates are those who are in pretty good shape with areas of stubborn fat that won't go away no matter what. In office evaluation is necessary to evaluate what procedure would be best for you. Make sure the device used is FDA approved. 

My best,

Sheila Nazarian, MD, MMM

Beverly Hills, Board Certified Plastic Surgeon

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

Cool etching?

I did a quick google search and could not find anything related to "cool etching". Sometimes physicians will give a procedure a unique name for branding / marketing purposes. The picture you included is for cool sculpting. 

Coolsculpting versus Cooletching

I have asked the Coolsculpting rep and she has no idea what cool etching is.  I suggest you call back the office and ask them specifically which machine and which company manufactures their device to understand what they are trying to encourage you to do. Please keep us posted.  Best, Dr. Green