Is it okay to continue getting massages on the regular after you've have Lipo and BBL done?

After I get my procedure done to keep the swelling and draining to a minimal is it safe for me to have massage 3-4 times a week?

Massage after BBL

Some surgeons recommend massage and some do not.  It is really something to ask your surgeon directly.

BBL

It is important to follow your surgeons post-operative care instructions seeing as they know exactly what they performed during surgery and exactly what you should do for optimal results post op. I believe that massaging can be beneficial but isn’t necessary. If you have some discomfort, swelling or want to accelerate your recovery process, you may want to do some daily light massages starting about a week after surgery and you can do up to 3-4 massages a week if you wish. I would definitely recommend wearing your body garment until your surgeon tells you otherwise, to reduce swelling and have the best results possible.
Good luck in your recovery!
Sincerely,

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon