Contemplating surgical excision for Voluma

tried ten rounds of hyaluronidase. it wont go away. i read that fillers can get encapsulated esp if injected deep. i am afraid i formed a capsule around it and that is why it will not dissolve? it is a nightmare! i did sublime rf yesterday, which now i am scared could make encapsulation worse...

Thank you for your question and I am sorry to hear of your continued Voluma issues. Based on your full profile the supplied images do not show a significant cosmetic deformity by the remaining Voluma and I do not think the trade off of attempted surgical excision and the accompanying incisions warrant the potential contour improvement.  I would recommend allowing your tissues to heal and time to pass for full resolution.  Best wishes.

Voluma Results -- Reverse with Hyaluronidase/RF treatments

It takes a number of treatments to reverse Voluma, as this type of cross linking is very tight and needs more hyaluronidase than other fillers. It often takes RF treatments to help improve the results. Please see an expert. Best, Dr. Emer

Is it worth it?

I would ask what exactly you are trying to correct by removing the Voluma and is it worth going through a surgical excision for and most probably having a scar? In most cases it's not worth it, especially as over time the product will be brown down. Sometimes time is the best medicine.

Try injections

Injections with a combo of cortisone with 5 Flurouracil and local anesthetic can help take down the swelling and reaction.  Worth a try before surgery.  You may need a series but these injections can help.