Concerns with stitch infection (375cc under) (Photo)

Hello, I had my breast augmentation on the 1st September, 18 days ago. Everything was healing fine until a week ago. I had my stitches removed 2 weeks post op. My plastic surgeon is located in an other part of the country so I am not able to visit him. I've sent him photos and he says everything is fine, that that's just fibrin. But my concerns are that the wound is getting worse day by day. What should I do and how long is the healing process going to take? Thank you

Breast Implants/Breast Augmentation/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision Surgery

I appreciate your question.

I would recommend that you ask your plastic surgeon to refer you to someone locally to best manage your wound care/healing process.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon

Wound issue

Sorry that your surgeon is so far away, but that is a problem when you travel far away for a procedure. You are best to see a plastic surgeon locally to advise you.  Good luck.

Open wound on breasts after augmentation

Sorry to hear about your problems.  From what I can see, this is something that needs immediate attention in person.  you have a wound separation and if this persists, the implant will be exposed and you will have to have it removed.  I recommend you go see a board-certified PS today for evaluation.

Wound healing

Those small areas are open wounds, and should heal on their own in the next 1-2 weeks.  Keep them clean and moist with ointment.  It may create a widened scar that you would want revised at a later date.  Also, watch for signs of infection, which isn't apparent from those photos.

Tyler C. Street, MD
Napa Plastic Surgeon