Is it common to lose nipple sensation during early maintenance SMAS facelift?

Operation was about 4 months ago. Many unanswered questions. Weird part is that I have lost most of my nipple sensitivity and do not feel any sexual pleasure when they are touched. I had very sensitive nipples before that had connection to genitals. Feels like nipple ducts are detached. Similar symptoms that breast agumentation patients have somtimes. Opreport says: "breast implant pocket solution" was used. Where that is needed during FL?

Nipple sensation and facelift surgery

What?? I can't think of any link between the two. You must have mixed something up. Did you have another procedure done at the same time as your facelift?

Facelift and nipple sensitivity

Facial surgery should not change nipple sensation.  Breast surgery can and often does, however.  Did you have breast surgery concurrently?

Inessa Fishman, MD
Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon

Nipple sensory issues

I think we are missing something here. Did you or did you not also have a breast augmentation or breast surgery?  A facelift would not impact nipple sensation.

I cannot conceive of how any facelift could change nipple sensitivity

I cannot think of any way facial surgery would have a direct impact on nipple sensitivity.

The solution referred to as "breast implant pocket solution" is just a very dilute mix of antibiotics. It is commonly used in many types of (breast and non-breast) plastic surgery to rinse out the surgical area to clear it from debris and bacteria, and minimize the chance of infection.

There are neurologic conditions that do cause loss of sensitivity in one part of the body or another – you should have this symptom investigated to rule them out. The timing of the surgery would have been coincidental. Visit your regular doctor, or a neurologist. 

Laxmeesh Mike Nayak, MD
Saint Louis Facial Plastic Surgeon