Clitoris itself extends past labia majora?

Is it possible to reduce the projection of an extremely prominent clitoris? My clitoris itself extends past my labia majora so far that tucking is not an option. Additionally, I have thick labia. Is there a way to thin them out in as well as remove the excess? I've heard about the clitoropexy procedure and would like to know its limitations. My goal is to have a clitoris that is tucked in enough that when looked at from a side view is not visible.

This is actually really tough

Clitoromegaly, or an enlarged clitoris, is a tough problem. Clitoropexy is the way to go, plus an extended wedge labiaplasty with a hood reduction (horseshoe labiaplasty in my practice).I DON'T do a clitoropexy though, because it's a bit more challenging to injure the nerves permanently. Honestly if you were my family member i would send you to one place and one place only. Dr. Gary Alter. His link is below. Go there.

Making Vaginal Revision Surgery Specific to Patient Needs

Candidates for #labiaplasty and #vaginal surgery include women concerned about the appearance of their genitals , or those who experience discomfort, pain or difficulty with sexual relations.  Moisture can create problems such as yeast infections. Surgery for each and every condition you feel most in need of treating can be specialized for your condition.Surgery is the most common treatment and this problem can usually be corrected in under one hour with a local anaesthetic. Many women feel more comfortable and relaxed with a quick twilight or general anaesthetic. Each procedure is customized to the physical findings as well as the desired goals of the patient. Some procedures may include treatment of the clitoris or clitoral hood to further enhance this region.  The “trim procedure” is a straight incision along the edge of the labia to reduce excess tissue. Your best bet moving forward would be to seek out a local certified plastic surgeon and schedule a consultation to find out about the procedures offered that would provide you desired results. Best of luck to you!

Labiaplasty candidate

You are a candidate for a labiaplasty with reduction of the prepuce, or excess tissue that makes your clitoris appear to bulge outward, plus possibly a clitoral hood reduction too. A photo would be helpful to be able to give you more advice. Most women want the most aesthetically beautiful genital area they can have, thus I created my technique of doing labiaplasty called the True Labiaplasty. I recently presented my technique at the American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery.
There are many type of labiaplasty procedures. I personally prefer my method of doing labiaplasty procedures using a modified posterior wedge technique. It can give you very good symmetry of the labia, it looks the best aesthetically, and postoperatively they experience less pain in my experience. In addition, many patients have more satisfying sex since the sensitive thin delicate labial edges are left intact. You can learn more on the link below.  Details are on my website on the link below. Your concerns are exactly the reason why I developed my technique. Good luck.

Robert L. True, MD
Grapevine OB/GYN

Clitoris protruding

Your clitoral hood can be decreased somewhat by reducing the sides.  I pioneered a clitoropexy with clitoral hood reduction in which the clitoris is pushed closer to the pubic bone and the width, thickness, length, and protuberance of the clitoral hood can be decreased.  If your clitoris is enlarged, then you will need a clitoris reduction as the clitoropexy sutures will not hold the clitoris in place. I have performed about 40 clitoral reductions with excellent results. No matter the technique, an inexperienced or unskilled surgeon can lead to a high rate of complications, chronic scar discomfort, labial deformities, and further surgery.  A labiaplasty with a clitoral hood reduction can reduce your size.  However, it must be performed by a surgeon with experience. One of the two most common labiaplasty techniques is the central wedge technique, which I invented in 1995 and published in the plastic surgery textbooks. It is also known as the "V" or wedge technique. Gynecologists and most plastic surgeons perform a labioplasty very differently. They essentially trim the labia minora (inner vaginal lips) and leave a long suture line instead of the normal labial edge. Their technique is the same whether a scalpel or a laser is used. In contrast, the central wedge removes triangles of tissue and bring the normal edges together. Thus, the normal labial edges, normal color, and normal anatomy are preserved, but the darkest labial tissue is usually removed. Your clitoral hood can be reduced at the same time.
Gary J. Alter, MDBeverly Hills, CA - Manhattan, NY

Gary J. Alter, MD

You need a consultation or a photo to answer your question

All of your requests are achievable depending upon the appearance of your anatomy. Without a photo or an examination, there is no accurate way to determine if your goals can be realized.

Large clitorus

I agree with the prior recommendations.  A number of things could be happening and with out photos or an adequate examination, one cannot give a recommendation.

Thank you for sharing your question.  Though nothing replaces an in-person examination or full series of photographs many of your described areas of desired improvement can be performed - reduction and thinning of your labia, clitoropexy and clitoral hood reduction.  That said it would first be prudent to evaluate your prominent clitoris for clitoromegaly which would require alternative treatment.  

Clitoris extends way passed the clitoris

Dear KW1:
Thank you for sharing.  It sounds as though you need an evaluation prior to anyone making a definitive recommendation.  That said if you clitoris is not enlarged due to excessive steroids (either administered or produced by your body) then yes one can have a clitoral lift and a clitoral hood reduction. If your clitoris is enlarged then you are really looking at a clitoral reduction.  So yes there is  limitation to clitoropexy.  If your labia are thick they can be thinned out and reduce simultaneously at one surgery.
I would recommend finding more than one surgeon to get an opinion but please choose a surgeon who has experience in all of the cosmetic procedures available.  
John R Miklos MD
Urogynecologist  & Cosmetic Vaginal Surgeon
Atlanta ~ Beverly Hills ~ Dubai