Would clitoral unhooding help me? (photos)

I have little to no sensitivity in the area. The only way I can orgasm is by using a super powerful heated back massager, and even that takes at least half an hour! I think my problem is that my clit is super small, and my hood is too low. Advice is greatly appreciated! Thankyou and P.S. sorry about the fur lol

No need to apologize, a little fur around the hood can be good!

I appreciate your sincere and very good questions, and I thank you on behalf of many women who have these very similar curiosities, as well!  My recommendation would be to consult with a surgeon who specializes in labiaplasty to learn more about the surgeries available. However, reading your feedback leads me to believe that your first step may be to consult with a ThermiVa provider in your area.  ThermiVa, a comfortable non-surgical treatment, is an ideal treatment to improve sensation by stimulating the nerves and increasing blood flow, which can result in much greater likelihood to become orgasmic. 

Recommend the O Shot first

I would recommend trying the non surgical O Shot using PRP therapy prior to undergoing surgery.

Many of our patients get great results and improve their sexual orgasms by only using the O shot PRP treatment. 

Best of luck.

Clitoral hood reduction

Clitoral hood reduction will help from an aesthetic standpoint and may help with function. PRP injection in/around the clitoral area has a good success rate fro improving function of the clitoris.

Earle Pescatore, DO
Fort Lauderdale OB/GYN

Clitoral Hood Reduction: Evaluation

Your clitoral hood does not appear to be a cosmetic issue.  However, a thorough examination would be required to better assess.  You should consider evaluation by a gynecologist to evaluate your issues with achieving orgasm.  Best of luck.     Jeffrey S. Palmer, MD, FACS, FAAP (Cosmetic Urologist)

Jeffrey S. Palmer, MD, FACS, FAAP
Cleveland Urologist

Surgery isn't going to help. Some women have different erogenous zones: areas that are more sensitive to stimulation and more connected to the orgasm response. Reducing the hood is an unnecessary surgery for you.

Clitoral unhooding

dear Nerddd1I agree with Dr Goodman - Clitoral unhooding is not the right option for you.  Might I suggest PRP therapy injections in and around the cltioris.  This can be done in the office but choose someone who understands PRP and injecting it around the clitoris.  There is not a guarantee but I believe it is worth a try as we have had patients with very good results improving sensitivity in this area.
John R Miklos MD
Urogynecologist & Cosmetic Vaginal Surgeon
Atlanta ~ Beverly Hills ~ Dubai

Surgery for lack of sensitivity issues- likely not

I would seek evaluation by a Urogynecologist at a university hospital or someone with experience in this issue. I would think surgery for this likely would be counterproductive.

Best Regards,

John Di Saia MD

John P. Di Saia, MD
Orange Plastic Surgeon

Treatment for poor clitoral area sensitivity

While I strongly recommend a personal evaluation, after looking at your photos-- NO! a "clitoral unhooding" will not be a "cure." My heartfelt recommendation is that you visit an experienced & qualified "sexual medicine practitioner" (someone who is certified by the International Society for the Study of Women's Sexual health ("ISSWSH"), or is AASECT- certified practitioner/counselor.) Google these 2 organizations online, and you can find qualified practitioners in your area. Many different options exist: topical testosterone therapy, topical misoprostol, oxyticin, topical sildinifil, information on techniques, toys, positions & fantasy, etc. etc. I feel that "surgery" is not the answer to your situation. Please feel free to peruse the "sexual medicine" blogs and areas of my website for additional information.

Michael P Goodman, MD
Davis, CA, USA

Would clitoral hooding treat arousal issues?

Arousal issues with normal anatomy (you are normal) do not respond well to surgery. The size of the clitoris and the ability to orgasm are unrelated. See your gyn for an exam.