Chipped front tooth - How to repair?

I have a chip in my front tooth on the inside that I'd like to get fixed. It just got chipped this afternoon whilst driving for no reason I'm aware of. Does anyone know how a dentist could repair it (permanently)?

Doctor Answers 4

Chipped Tooth Repair

Well, Dear it a very simple task. Firstly your dentist will determine your tooth or mouth which of the treatment is best for you and your tooth. Dental Filling or Bonding. If you have chipped off just a small piece of tooth enamel, your dentist may repair the damage with a filling. If the repair is to a front tooth or can be seen when you smile, your dentist will likely use a procedure called bonding, which uses a tooth-colored composite resin.

San Diego Dentist

How to Repair Permanently a chipped Front Tooth

Hi Katie from New York!  A small chip in your front tooth is easy enough to repair. The dentist will do a white bond over that area, matching the color of the tooth. You will not be able to tell  there was anything ever wrong with it! You are asking if there is a way to fix this permanently. Yes there is. You can crown that tooth with an E Max crown. That would be a permanent way of doing it but the  structure of the tooth will  be reduced and once you crown it you will always have to have a crown on it. I would start with a white bond and check your bite to see if it is correct and go from there!  Good luck!

Vachik Danoukh, DMD
Van Nuys Dentist

Chipped front tooth

Hello Kate thanks for the question. Repair a chip tooth is really simple and fast job. It can be repair with composite by an sthetic doctor. If the chip is too big it is important to take a periapical xray to avoid the possibility of a rauma. 

Yocasta Caba, DDS
Dominican Republic Dentist
5.0 out of 5 stars 3 reviews

Tooth Chip

That's a very common problem that occurs. It happened because of how your bite is. That can be fixed easily, however your bite will need to be evaluated so that the repair doesn't continue to break. 

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.