Am I a candidate for chin implant? Been thinking about getting one. (photos)

Candidate for a Chin Augmenatation

Without an exam your question cannot be answered. However, your photos are helpful and you are probably a good candidate for a Chin Augmentation. You will need to see an Oral/Maxillofacial surgeon to see if othognathic surgery, genioplasty or using an implant is best for your specific case. It should be noted that patients with severely weak jaws or abnormally functioning jaws may be better treated with other facial surgery (orthognathic surgery), although a chin augmentation may be an option at a later time. These patients should seek the advice of a plastic surgeon to determine which course is right for them. Here is some information to help you make this decision:
Candidates for Chin Augmentation -
Patients whose chin profiles are weak but have normally functioning jaws are candidates for Chin Augmentation. Many of these candidates have used injectable fillers in the past to strengthen the protrusion of their chins, but are looking for a permanent solution. If you are one of these patients, then you are a likely candidate for chin augmentation.

Chin implant candidate

Chin implants are placed for patients who have a weak and recessive chin profile to augment the chin forward. Chin implants are manufactured in a large variety of sizes and shapes, which is best determined at the time of the consultation and examination. Chin implants are usually placed through a small incision underneath the chin under local anesthesia as an outpatient surgical procedure. For many examples  and more information, please see the video and the link below

Chin implant

Ideally you should provide two pictures, one full face, forward looking  and one, a full profile of your face ( not a 3/4 view from a selfie).
However, it does appear that your chin is small, giving an imbalance to your face.
You would greatly enhance your appearance with a chin implant. They can be done under local anesthesia. I prefer to use an intraoral incision, without visible scars.

Dennis Barek, MD
Great Neck Plastic Surgeon

Chin implant candidate

From your photos it does appear that an implant would be beneficial for balancing your facial proportions. Implants can increase the projection of the chin on profile and enhance vertical height from the front. 

Richard W. Westreich, MD
Manhattan Facial Plastic Surgeon

Am I a candidate for chin implant? Been thinking about getting one.

Hi, I have performed many Chin Augmentations using chin implants for over 30 years. From the photos, your chin is weak. A weak chin creates an imbalance making the nose appear larger, the mid face top heavy and the lower face look short that de-emphasizes the lips and allows early formation of a double chin. Chin augmentation using a chin implant will add projection to the chin creating harmony and balance to the lower face.

I have found that placement of a silastic chin implant, through a small curved incision under the chin (also allows excess skin removal) to be very safe, quick, highly effective and far less invasive than a sliding genioplasty. I perform chin implant surgery in 30 minutes or less, often using a local anesthetic alone. In my opinion, you are a good candidate for chin implant surgery.

Hope this helps.