Do I need a chin implant? (Photos)

Hi! I'm wondering if my chin is too small and if I need a chin implant : I like my face profile but I don't like my frontal and my 3/4 view. If you observe my frontal picture you can notice some bulges under the lower lip: can a chin implant solve this problem? I also think that my cheeks are a little chubby not for the fat but for the fact that chin is too small: am I right? When I see my 3/4 profile picture I really don't like the curve that cheeks create with the chin.Thanks to everybody

Small chin

A chin implant would probably give your face better balance. assuming you have stopped growing.  You should have your chin and nose evaluated in a consultation.  There is a link below.

Boston Facial Plastic Surgeon

Mentoplasty or Genioplasty

Thank you for your inquiry and providing pictures. Please be advised there are two types of chin surgeries you may be a candidate for. Implantation (Mentoplasty) is the most common and sought after procedure. Chin implants can be removed if need be and are made of synthetic materials that are not only completely safe, but they also feel like a real chin when touched.
On the other hand, Genioplasty is a chin augmentation surgery that does not use an implant. Instead, this procedure involves moving your bone forward to increase the projection of your chin. Some of my patients are hesitant to receive either surgery, so i suggest temporary fillers to give them an idea of the future outcome of potential surgery. This may also be an option for you. Consult with a board certified plastic surgeon to know your best options. Best of Luck!

Chin

Regarding  your chin, I think you would enhance your appearance with a chin implant. The chin is a bit undersized and your lower lip appears to hang, unsupported. An implant will correct this.

Dennis Barek, MD
Great Neck Plastic Surgeon

Chin implant candidate

Chin implants are usually placed for patients who have a weak and recessive chin profile, which is most noticeable from the side profile photograph. Chin implants are manufactured in a large variety of sizes and shapes, and are usually placed through a small incision underneath the chin under local anesthesia. The amount of augmentation chin implants accomplish is mostly in the forward projection, some lateral width, and a small amount of vertical height. Remember, the mandible and chin implants are both three-dimensional structures, so there is a three-dimensional augmentation accomplished with the implant. For many examples and more information, please see the video and the link below

Chin implant or not

From the profile photos submitted, you could use a small chin implant. However, the concern of bulges above the chin would not likely be corrected. That is prominent orbicularis muscle, which would be better served with Botox or filler to blend. Cheek implants or filler would be best for the concern over cheek roundness. Also by cal fat removal could help slim the face. 

Richard W. Westreich, MD
Manhattan Facial Plastic Surgeon

Do I need a chin implant?

Hi, I have performed many Chin Augmentations using chin implants for over 30 years. From the photos, your chin is weak and there is some excess fat below the cheeks. A weak chin creates an imbalance making the nose appear larger, the mid face top heavy and the lower face look short that de-emphasizes the lips and allows early formation of a double chin and "pseudo jowls". Chin augmentation using a chin implant will add projection to the chin creating harmony and balance to the lower face. 
I have found that placement of a silastic chin implant, through a small curved incision under the chin (also allows excess skin removal) to be very safe, quick, highly effective and far less invasive than a sliding genioplasty. I perform chin implant surgery in 30 minutes or less, often using a local anesthetic alone. In my opinion, you are a good candidate for chin implant surgery.

Following the beauty principles outlined in my book on face and body beauty, women look the most feminine, youthful and attractive with heart shaped faces. Heart shaped faces have cheeks that are full and round in the front. Cheek augmentation with a dermal filler or using cheek implants for a permanent enhancement will create full, round cheeks that will feminize the entire face. I would combine liposuction to reduce the excess fat below the cheeks for further facial shaping.

Hope this helps.