Chemical peel or laser facial? (photos)

Wondering what would help clear my face between the wrinkles, redness and bumps (still can't figure out if it is acne, my face has looked like this minus the wrinkles for as long as I can remember)? Down time for me does become an issue as I am a practicing attorney and in court quite a bit. History of rosacea dx.

Chemical Peel

Thank you for your question. Chemical peel will address acne scars, rough skin, irregular pigmentation and sun damage. It is a procedure that provides results amidst minimal irritation and recovery time. I suggest you next consult in person with a board certified facial plastic surgeon to determine which chemical peel or which laser are correct for you. Best wishes,

Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

Chemical peel or laser facial?

Thank you for your question. Judging from your photos I would recommend both a laser and a chemical peel. I found the V-beam (Pulsed Dye Laser Technology) laser to be an excellent treatment for treating red skin, broken blood vessels, rosacea, and birthmarks. This laser targets the selected area with an intense yet gentle burst of light. There is no downtime and in combination with a peel you will see improvement anywhere from 1 to 3 sessions.

Dennis Gross, MD

Laser and Peels

From your photo it appears that you have Rosacea which would benefit from the V-Beam laser and discolations. The best would be a combination of topical treatments, V-Beam, and Clear & Brilliant which would leave no down time so that you could go back to work. Please consult an expert. Best, Dr. Green 

Wrinkles laser rosacea

Dear Courtney,Thank you for writing in. I think your skin can be clear with a few pretty simples steps including some soaps and creams. In terms of laser vs peel vs other, there are some very light peels that won't keep you away from work and will improve the skin texture and tone. Microneedling can help scars with very little to no downtime.Hope this helps.Best,Dr. Rabach

Morgan Rabach, MD