What are the chances i got injected with fake voluma? Can anyone excise possibly fake voluma on chin and on side submalar area?

injected by a board certified ps with 2 ml voluma. .60 ml injected on one side chin,. 80 in the submalar area which made me asymmetrical. 14 dissolving attempts submaler 3 different derms and negligible results. 4 vitrase on the chin lump (.60ml) w full strength vitrase and zero results: lump is like before , rubbery. A derm im working with tried hard to reduce it, she kept putting vitrase every 20 mins. Could it be fake voluma? Whats next? Why is it not reducing at all? whats next?

Doctor Answers 3


{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Thank you for your question. Many imposters and inexperienced injectors will perform fake injectables. You should ask your surgeon for the treatment sheet and notes that will indicate your injection procedure. Please also consult with a board certified facial plastic surgeon for a second opinion in case that the injectable was in fact a fake solution so that you can begin the process of remedying the situation.Best wishes,

Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.7 out of 5 stars 124 reviews

Voluma - was my injection a fake?

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Thank you for asking about your Voluma injections.
  • I am sorry you are having this problem - it sounds quite complex.
  • I suggest you ask your plastic surgeon for a copy of the treatment sheet which should have the identify marker for the Voluma on it.
  • Also see the plastic surgeon to discuss the problem - s/he might have an explanation that satisfies you.
  • If not, get a second opinion from a Board Certified plastic surgeon or dermatologist.
  • It is possible that you were injected with a non-dissolving filler called Radiesse. This is not fake Voluma but a different FDA approved product - but you will know once you see your treatment sheet.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Voluma and Dissolving Product

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

I would recommend that you consult a board certified dermatologist with a copy of your records and treatment notes to ascertain what exactly what is injected since there should be a lot number attached to it.  Best, Dr. Green

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.