What could have caused my saline textured breast implants to give me this rash? Silicone textured flakes, Bacteria, etc? (Photo)
Doctor Answers 1
Breast explanation - what caused the reactions?
- To begin to answer your question, one would need much more information.
- It probably can't be done on-line but this is the kind of information we look -
- Was the fluid cultured for aerobic, anaerobic and myco bacteria and for fungi.
- Was the capsule biopsied and examined under the microscope?
- What were the results of the biopsy and culture?
- What kind of implants and what kind of shell? Who was the manufacturer? When were they put in?
- Did you have infections that could have settled around the implant?
- Why was the capsule not removed? Where was the implant removed?
- Was there free gel out of the implant and was it discolored?
- Were the implants returned to the manufacturer for analysis? What did it show?
- It is excellent news that most of your symptoms are now gone.
- However with enlarged lymph nodes and the severe reactions you had, it makes sense to see a breast or plastic surgeon for a lymph node culture and biopsy.
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.