What could have caused my saline textured breast implants to give me this rash? Silicone textured flakes, Bacteria, etc? (Photo)

I had this rash, and only after I had my implants removed, they all went away except for axilla areas (both); I now have enlarged lymph nodes. Severe inflammation, burning, itching. Told I have reactive lymphs. Capsulectomy not performed. A path report on implants stated, "faulty valves, degraded & eroded shell, microbiological fluid, etc" IGE 625, <25. Elevated wbc & neutrophils, etc. I am desperately seeking for an 'Expereinced MD' w knowledge of this type of situation.

Breast explanation - what caused the reactions?

Thank you for asking about your breast implant removal.
  • To begin to answer your question, one would need much more information.
  • It probably can't be done on-line but this is the kind of information we look -
  • Was the fluid cultured for aerobic, anaerobic and myco bacteria and for fungi.
  • Was the capsule biopsied and examined under the microscope?
  • What were the results of the biopsy and culture?
  • What kind of implants and what kind of shell? Who was the manufacturer? When were they put in?
  • Did you have infections that could have settled around the implant?
  • Why was the capsule not removed? Where was the implant removed?
  • Was there free gel out of the implant and was it discolored?
  • Were the implants returned to the manufacturer for analysis? What did it show?
  • It is excellent news that most of your symptoms are now gone.
  • However with enlarged lymph nodes and the severe reactions you had, it makes sense to see a breast or plastic surgeon for a lymph node culture and biopsy.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS