Bumpy results from Voluma lower face performed a week ago. (Photo)

Got two stringes of voluma lower face a week ago. Under certain lights i can see the filler, which seems lumpy. Dr said he used cross hatching technique. I did juvederm two yrs ago. Different dr. Not an issue. Is that because of the filler or the injector? How long will it take to dissolve it with hyaluronidase?

Bumpy results after Voluma

Thank you for sharing your question and photographs. I can see your areas of concern. I would first recommend waiting at least two additional weeks to allow for swelling resolution and filler softening.  This may improve your results sufficiently that you wish to maintain them.  If they are unfortunately still lumpy, you can have hyaluronidase injected to restore your pre-injection appearance.  I hope this helps.

Voluma lower face and lumps

Voluma is a product that can be dissolved with Hyaluronidase. Simply return to your treating physician and ask them to dissolve the product for you.  Please consult an expert for the best cosmetic results.  Best, Dr. Green

Too soon to judge

Since it's only been two weeks, I would advise you to wait another 2 weeks. The lumps that are visible on your photo could very easily resolve on their own. If not, then yes, you can have the Voluma dissolved. 

Kindly,

Kouros Azar

Kouros Azar, MD
Thousand Oaks Plastic Surgeon

Voluma and swelling

Swelling commonly occurs after Voluma injections.  I always tell my patients to wait 2-3 weeks after injections to evaluate the results.  Let your doctor know your concerns.  Good luck!

Jennifer Trent, MD, FAAD
Sarasota Dermatologic Surgeon

Swelling/Bruising/Lumpiness (early) from Fillers

I always tell my patients to not love their filler injections for 2 weeks. Swelling is very common and sometimes immediate. It can last 3-7 days and a good idea is to use cold compresses. Cold compresses may be used immediately after treatment to reduce swelling only if needed. This may be applied for 3 minutes, 3 times per day, for up to 3 days. This is best done with a bag of peas in a zip lock bag. Only apply light pressure to the area but gentle massage might be necessary if the bump is from the filler material itself. Get Arnica gel if you can find some and apply a few times a day as well to help treat any swelling. Avoid any blood thinners. Bruising can also last 1-2 weeks. I don't recommend hyaluronidase this early and wait a few weeks until the swelling has resolved. If it is persistent or you are worried, set up a follow up appointment with your dermatologist.

Alim R. Devani, MD, FRCPC
Calgary Dermatologist