Bump on my nose? Weird shape? (Photo)

It has been about 11/12 weeks since my rhinoplasty. A random bump formed out of no where. Not sure what is going on with my nose. Im scared. Any information would be appreciated. Thanks.

3 months post op, some advices:

Thank you very much for enquire.

Swelling after a rhinoplasty depends of the surgery complexity.
In this regard, the nasal swelling Post-op It can last from two weeks to two months.
To reduce this swelling, I recommend you perform delicates daily lymphatic drainage massage therapy over the face (around the nose) avoid sun exposure, and take pain/inflamation pills, as your surgeron precribe you.
Kind regards, 
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-  

Bump on nose

AS the swelling subsides, sometimes irregularities under the skin become more evident.  It also can be scar tissue from healing. 

Rhinoplasty

Thank you for your question and photographs.

It is important to consult with your surgeon with any questions or concerns you may have. I would schedule an appointment to have a physical examination of your nose performed by your surgeon seeing as this could be a number of things such as bone, soft tissue or swelling but all can be corrected by time or a minor revision or injection. You are very early in your recovery and your appearance will continue to refine.  It may take up to a year for all swelling to resolve and for your nasal appearance to settle to a final outcome. Your doctor may prescribe you a Medrol dose pack (steroid) to help reduce the swelling. Healing is often unpredictable and one side may heal quicker than the other and sometimes even nasal bones may shift in healing.  The outcomes may not be as expected.  In some cases a revision may be recommended to refine your outcomes, but I would wait at least 12-18 months so you are fully healed before considering a revision. I hope this helps.
Best of luck in your recovery!
Sincerely,

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty Recovery

You are still early in your recovery period and the nose is expected to be quite swollen at this point.The swelling during this time is rarely symmetric. One side will always resolve more quickly than the other. The majority of the swelling will resolve in 3-6 months, and will continue to resolve as your nose heals for up to 1-2 years. You have not reached your final shape as the nose will continue to heal and reduce in size for up to a year. Once it does reach its final shape you may be more pleased with the appearance of your nose.

Donald B. Yoo, MD

Form revealed as swelling goes down

While any real answer requires an in person evaluation it appears that you may have a bony dorsal irregularity on your bridge. Typically these are not "appearing" but rather become visible as the swelling goes down. You should be still seeing your surgeon at this point. HAve them evaluate the area and consider minor revision with rasping if this is indeed bone, If its soft tissue kenalog injections can be helpful.

All in all a very fixable issue, done be too scared!

Benjamin C. Marcus, MD
Madison Facial Plastic Surgeon