Will the bump on my nose go away? (Photo)

I had a closed rhinoplasty three weeks ago, I had a fairly large bump, a droopy tip and my nose was fairly wide, all of those concerns had work dome. After my cast was removed and my nose was only taped (photo attached) it looked perfectly straight. However, a small bump started to be visible (pictures attached). If I press over it with my fingers it tends to become smoother. I am afraid it will stay this way, it was a very costly procedure.

Will the bump on my nose go away?

Thanks for your question. It takes our bodies at least 6 months to heal after surgery, nose surgery may take even longer. Three weeks is very early in the healing period. When patients have questions I always invite them to come to my office so I can fully evaluate the situation. Best of luck to you. 

Columbus Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty at 3 weeks

It is way too early to see the final results. It could be swelling. Best to be patient and give it time to heal.

Post op rhinoplasty

Diana -

Thank you for the pictures - I hate to say it, but give it time.  it is still very early in the healing process, and your nose will continue to undergo changes over the next few days, weeks and even months! as the  swelling goes down, you will notice an improvement of the nasal definition.  There is a good thing that you mentioned - "when I press over it...it tends to become smoother".  that is usually a fair indication that what you have is swelling.  How much of it is swelling versus something else, only time will tell.  Give it time, enjoy your new nose, and when in doubt, make sure you talk to your operating surgeon.  Usually the way it looks "at the end of the case, on the table" is how it will look as it heals.  Best of luck. 

Miguel Mascaro, MD
Delray Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon