Bulging Under-Eye Vein Treated with nd:Zag Laser - Does the vein itself disappear or just blue pigment? (photos)

Three days ago, the bulging blue vein under my eye was treated with an hd:Zag 1064 laser. As expected, I have slight discoloration, a thin scab & puffiness. The blue color of the vein was gone immediately after the treatment. The bulging vein, however, is still there. Can I expect the vein itself (and its bulging) to disappear or does this treatment address only the blue pigment? Also, I find it odd that the scab is ABOVE the vein rather than ON it. Any insight would be appreciated! Thanks!

Laser for blue under eye veins

When I treat blue veins under the eyes with laser, my goal is for the veins to visibly contract and almost disappear during the laser treatment.  I can actually see the veins contract after each laser pulse.  This is the endpoint that I look for.  I tell my patients to give it a few weeks after treatment before they assess their final result.  If you have specific questions about your treatment, I would recommend that you follow up with your laser physician.  Regards,Dr. Ort

Lone Tree Dermatologic Surgeon

Blue vein under eye treatment

It seems like there is some swelling around the treatment area, which is normal. It will take a few days but the swelling will decrease. I am not sure if the bulge is still there given all the swelling. I would advise some ice to the area a few times a day. These are easy to treat and patients usually have great results. Though the results are immediate, it may take time for the vein to shrink and the swelling to go away. It may need retreated if the bulge is still present.