Is this bulge swelling, or my muscle not attached, or even excess fat? Will it go away?(Photo)

I had smart lipo done 4 weeks ago and I am noticing I don't feel as swollen as before but my stomach looks bulky. Something it didn't look like before surgery. What exactly could this be. I know I am only 4 weeks post op but need to take precautions if needed now. I also posted a picture of me sitting where the bulge is not noticeable. Should I be worried? Please advise I would greatly appreciate it.

Appears to Be Normal Swelling

Thank you for your question as well as the accompanying photos. It looks like you're experiencing a normal amount of swelling, which I realize can be frustrating while you're waiting for results. I don't think you should be worried, as you're at the 4-week mark, which is still within the typical recuperation period. Don't hesitate to share your concerns with your surgeon, though. He or she may be able to offer you some tips for reducing the swelling and seeing your results sooner. I will typically recommend applying heat to the area a few times a day and self-massage the area to help resolve the swelling. You should have a great result.

Spokane General Surgeon

Post liposuction

The lumpiness, numbness and hardness after smartlipo or other types of liposuction typically persists at least 8 weeks after the surgery then slowly goes away. It can take 4-6 months to see your final result.

Dean Vistnes, M.D.
Vistnes Plastic Surgery
San Francisco Bay Area

#realself #drdeanvistnes #cervicalfacial #liposuction

M. Dean Vistnes, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Irregular contours after smartlipo

Congratulations on your procedure and thanks for sharing your question. I can appreciate your concern.

Smart lipo is a very effective method to improve the contour of your body. However, swelling will be present for longer time when compare to regular liposuction. 

Finally, make sure that your doctor is aware of your process. He should be able to guide you best in your care.

Wishing you the best in your journey

Lump after smart lipo

Lumps and bumps after lipo are most frequently trapped fluid which has hardened and less commonly residual pockets of fat. If the lump developed after the lipo, it's fluid. If it was always there, it's probably residual fat. Nonetheless, professional massage is something you should be going for frequently in the first few weeks after your surgery to expedite the disappearance of fluid and hardened lumps.