Bulbous tip reduction without losing the "ethnic" look? (photos)

I'd like to have a slightly smaller version of my nose that is symmetrical. I look quite different from my right side vs. my left and often in photos my nose looks crooked on my face. And from the below shot you can see how asymmetric the nostrils are. I think I have a lump on onside of my bridge, which I like except- for the asymmetry. I'd love to have a slightly smaller, symmetric, version of my nose. Still button shaped, still ethnic looking, but just slightly smaller to fit my face?

Ethnic rhinoplasty is about looking better and more balanced, not different

Most ethnic rhinoplasties are to tweak subtle differences. It's good that you aren't looking to drastically alter the way your nose looks. It's important to sit down with your rhinoplasty specialist and discuss your likes and dislikes to come up with a mutually agreeable plan.

Rhinoplasty

It is possible to refine your nose a bit. I would point out to you the asymmetry of the nostrils, as many patients notice this normal asymmetry post-op more often than preop.

Rhinoplasty post op, some advices:

Thank you very much for the questions.

The harmony between facial parts makes us instinctively recognize the beauty... without knowing it, without defining it, just a perception that surprises and captivates us.

In this regard, After having analyzed all the info. and photos provided to us, i recommend you perform an Open Full Rhinoplasty, includding narrowing of the nasal base and nostrils, with nasal bones treatment (controled fracture) and alar + triangular nasal cartilages re-shaping.
With this procedure you get a delicate nose, better harmonize with your other facial features.

Kind regards 

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Rhinoplasty

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you may benefit from a tip refining rhinoplasty. Your surgeon can accomplish this by trimming, suturing, and reshaping the cartilage in your lower nose. Cartilage grafts may also be used to help improve tip refinement. Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and not just a computer animation system. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Ethnic Rhinoplasty

Although currently I prefer to correct Ethnic noses with overlay grafting, not suture technique, your asymmetry makes that a poor choice. Your left tip cartilage is longer than the right on, so suture work must be done, followed by overlay grafting. After surgery 5-FU injections will likely be needed. Since subtle changes often result in ethnic noses, your conservative goals are both appropriate and achievable. 

Richard W. Westreich, MD
Manhattan Facial Plastic Surgeon

Bu

Hi,

The bulbous tip can be refined by defatting the tip and using tip cartilage grafts. The nostril asymmetry is harder to fix although I think there will be some improvement with a revision rhinoplasty.

Dr.S.

Oleh Slupchynskyj, MD, FACS