Brow bone shaving and contouring or blepharoplasty? (Photo)

I have a strong brow bone as you can see from my pictures, while also having top eyelids that droop and I have been thinking of getting surgery to make my face more aesthetic. I would just get a blepharoplasty, but I feel like the eyelids are only part of the problem and the shake of them and the size of my brow bone is what makes that area look unattractive. I am curious about what a doctor would think about this question.

Brow Bone Reduction and Upper Blepharoplasty

I believe you are correct in that the significant projection of your brow bones is part of the problem. Upper blepharoplasties would also be useful. But deprojecting the brow bones is an important element for your improvement.

Plethora plasty versus brow lift with brow bone shaving?

an upper blepharoplasty will not give you what you want and may lower your brow as well.  Put your hand across your forehead and lift both brows vertically. If you like this look then you need a brow lift with or without shaving of the bone. Having done this for more than 35 years I find that patients are most happy with this procedure when done conservatively. However, if you have hair loss in the future  you will need to deal with the scar at your hairline with hair replacement surgery. See a very experienced surgeon for this one who does the irregular Trichophytic Forehead Lift  and can show you the results and scar which should be non detectable. 

Brow issue

I think that you would have to be seen in person to determine what might be appropriate for you.  Photos do not show everything.

Blepharoplasty

Thank you for sharing your case and photos.  I think that blepharoplasty and a very conservative brow lift will achieve the results that you want.  Brow bone shaving is not a realistic option.  Schedule a consultation with a board certified oculoplastic surgeon to discuss your goals - there are many in the NY metro area from which to choose.  Good luck!

Samuel Baharestani, MD
Long Island Oculoplastic Surgeon