Can breast lift with implants be possible without the lollipop incision and how successful would it be? (photos)

Can breast lift with implants be possible without the lollipop incision and how successful would it be?

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well..
The breasts may lose their elasticity and firmness which can be caused by different factors such as pregnancy, massive weight loss, lactation and aging. To reaffirm the breasts and restore the natural look your surgeon can perform a mastopexy or breast lift. A breast lift restores a firmer, perkier, and more aesthetically pleasing shape to sagging breasts. This not only can improve a patient’s appearance by restoring her youthful, feminine proportions, but  also help bras and swimsuits fit more comfortably and attractively. By removing excess, stretched out skin, reshaping the breast tissue, and raising the nipple & areola into a more forward position, a cosmetic surgeon can create a more youthful breast contour. Stretched, large areolae can also be reduced during breast lift surgery, creating an overall better proportioned, natural looking breast, Actually the perkiness on a person or another, depends on patients skin and breast tissue!

Breast lift with implants

Thank you for your question.  Based on the extent of sagging of your breasts,  a vertical or anchor shaped breast lift would likely be the best option to go along with your breast implants.  A donut lift seldom does well and increases the risk for spreading of the scar and flattening of the breast.  Be sure to consult with an experienced board certified plastic surgeon.  Good luck!

Zachary Farris, MD, FACS

Based on your photographs, I think that you are  potentially a good candidate for breast lifting plus/minus breast augmentation surgery. In my practice, I would likely offer you a vertical or "anchor" pattern breast lift;  you will not achieve an aesthetically pleasing outcome with a circumareolar breast lift.
 Breast lifting, generally speaking, involves moving a woman's breasts (usually including the nipple/areola complexes) higher on her chest wall. In order to do so, the operation involves removal of breast skin, subcutaneous tissues, and/or breast tissue, mainly depending on the patient's anatomy and goals. In other words, some removal of tissue is necessary to "tighten" the breast skin envelope. Sometimes, breast implants are used at the same time to increase volume and/or provide fullness. The excision of skin and/or tissues is done after careful preoperative markings and measurements. I usually use a "tailor tacking" technique during surgery prior to making definitive incisions as well.

What type of breast lift would be "better" would depend on what is indicated, mainly based on the patient's physical examination. The more ptotic the breast, the more powerful the breast lift required. The more powerful the breast lift required, the more incisions/scars present.
The necessity to remove tissue does leave patients with scars. For some patients, considering breast lifting surgery, necessity of scarring is a "deal breaker". On the other hand, most patients (If properly selected and who are doing the operations and the right time of their lives psychosocially) accept the scars associated with breast augmentation/breast lifting surgery as long as they are happy with the improvement in contour, size, and symmetry. This acceptance of the scars is the essential “trade-off” associated with many of the procedures we do in the field of plastic surgery. 

I hope this, and the attached link (dedicated to breast augmentation/lifting surgery concerns) helps. Best wishes.

Defintely not

I am not a big fan of the circumareolar (aka Benelli aks "donut" lift) breast lift.  With an implant added, you have competing forces and I can tell you that unless permanent suture is used, the implant is going to win that battle and your nipple areolar complex will spread and flatten with time.  You definitely need a vertical incision which heals the prettiest and in my hands, would need a full anchor incision to get the best result.  Don't skimp on the incision if it is going to affect you result.  I know it seems scary, but if done correctly and cared for appropriately, those scars look beautiful and almost unrecognizable over time.  Hope this helps.

Breast lift with implants

Thank you for the question and photos. It appears from the photos that your breasts are low and need some kind of lift. Implants alone can result in an inadequate lift therefore I prefer the lollipop incision because it leaves a long lasting perky shape to the breasts.You can see a plastic surgeon in person to confirm which size implants and what kind of lift you need. 
Best of luck!Dr. Khuthaila 

Dana Khuthaila, MD, FACS

Breast lift scar choice

there's very little chance you could get a satisfactory result without some kind of vertical scar and possible a small T scar due to the skin laxity and low nipple position preop

Robert Oliver Jr., MD
Birmingham Plastic Surgeon

Anchor Breast Lift

You will likely need a Wise-Pattern (anchor) breast lift.  I recommend an in-office examination as well as a detailed discussion with a surgeon who you are comfortable with and who is a board-certified Plastic Surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery. Best wishes! Dr. Desai
Harvard Educated, Beverly Hills & Miami Beach Trained, Double-Board Certified Plastic Surgeon

Lift and implants

I think based upon your photos, you will need a full lift or either a lollipop or a "T" closure along with implants. An exam in person would be key.

Breast lift with implants

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you are a great candidate for a breast lift with implants.  You will definitely need a lift, and the best lift for you will be a vertical or wise pattern lift.  The bennelli or "donut" lift will not produce a good result in you.  Many patients are scared of the scars of a lollipop lift, but if good technique is used, the scars can be minimal.   The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Breast Lift

Most likely you need more than just implants. You need a lift with at least a vertical incision. You need to be seen to know for sure. the Circumareolar lift is not a good one == scars fade for a good result. 

William B. Rosenblatt, MD