Right breast sagging more than left breast. Is it bottoming out? (Photo)

I'm a little over two weeks post op and I've been wearing an elastic breast band 24/7 as instructed by my PS, however my right breast seems like it's dropping far more than my left breast, is it bottoming out? I don't know what to think, immediately I think the left one is having capsular constructure and the right is bottoming out I'm thinking the worst right now because both boobs look so different...help!!! What is wrong?!?

Right breast sagging more than left breast. Is it bottoming out?

At two weeks post operative you are very early in the healing process. Implants will settle for the next 6 weeks to 3 months and usually the drop at different times. This is normal. Follow up with your surgeon if you have any concerns. 

Regards, 

Breast Augmentation - Post Op Swelling

Thank you for your question. You are still very early in the post-operative period. It typically takes 3 - 6 months for the swelling to subside and and implants to settle into proper position. Swelling usually accounts for 10 - 15% of the initial post-operative appearance. The implants may swell asymmetrically, as in your case, but usually settle evenly. Please discuss your concerns with your board certified plastic surgeon. Also, make sure you follow all of your plastic surgeons post-operative instructions regarding level of physical activity and use of a support bra. Hope this helps and good luck with your recovery.

Breast augmentation results

It is too early to come to any conclusions about your final result.  At two weeks, your capsule is not formed yet so it is too early to have a capsular contracture. It is not uncommon to see some asymmetries early in the healing process. Tried to be patient. Your breasts will look much different in a few months.  

Erik Miles, MD, FACS
Charlotte Plastic Surgeon

Right Breast Sagging More than Left Breast 2 Weeks Post Op

The final shape and size of your implants are approximated 2 to 3 months following your surgery, but it may be up to one year to see the end result. Your surgeon may require you to move or massage the implants within the breast pockets during the #postoperative period.
However, #textured implants do not require breast massage. You will be informed about this at your post-operative visit.
Also, the two breasts commonly heal quite differently so #assymetry is not unusual. One breast may swell more, feel more uncomfortable, or have a different initial shape. After complete #healing, they will be more similar and natural. You must have patience, but if this causes concern, ask questions of the doctor or the nursing staff.

Breast implant position

It is too early to tell. Your breasts need several months to settle. Best of luck and be patient with your results.

2 weeks post op, some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us.
At this point (2 weeks post-po) the swelling have to be minimal.
To reduce it, I recommend you perform daily lymphatic drainage massage therapy over the abdomen and wear a postoperative girdle from thigh to the breasts.
Kind regards,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Breast asymmetry postop

You are very early in your recovery and overall things look nice. It is hard to know where you started preop so some asymmetry that results may have been there from the beginning. That being said, it takes some time to heal and allow the implants to settle in. Continue to follow your surgeon's instructions and keep your visits so all your questions are answered. 

Congratulations on having undergone the breast augmentation procedure. Your plastic surgeon will always be your best resource when it comes to an accurate assessment of your situation, advice, predictions, and/or meaningful reassurance.  Patients dont see the issues you are concerned with (capsular contracture / bottoming out)  this early on in recovery.
It is very common for one side to settle faster than the other.
I routinely ask my patients to wait at least 3-6 months before evaluating the end results of the breast augmentation surgery. This waiting time allows patients to (usually) physically and psychologically adapt to the new body image.

Best wishes for an outcome that you will be very pleased with long-term.

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well.. I have to say that you are still early on healing process, it is too soon to determine how your results are going to be, per now, they look very nice and beautiful, you can have one bigger than the other, it is normal and that can happen for the first 3 months until your implants have settle in. I recommend you to wait and keep using your post surgical bra, that will help you with the shape and support. I suggest you to wait at least 4 to 6 months to see an improvement on your breasts, Hugs!

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

Early in recovery phase

First of all, you're very early in the recovery phase and it might be comforting to know that capsular contracture and bottoming out don't happen two weeks after surgery. As far as the asymmetry goes, from the photo, it looks like your shoulders are not straight making the left implant look higher. It is not uncommon with breast augmentation that one implant will drop more quickly than the other. It is also not uncommon, that if you start with some breast asymmetry of the chest wall, that this will be magnified when implants are placed. I recommend you follow up with your chosen plastic surgeon for guidance and confirmation. Good luck.

Marc J. Salzman, MD, FACS