Is breast revision required for symmetrical results? (Photo)

I had a breast augmentation (periareolar incision with high profile silicone implants under the muscle) more than 3 years ago, and a revision just 4 months after my original surgery because my left implant was sitting too high and still is. My original surgeon proposed a "minor revision to balance the left nipple level and address tuberous condition." I'm not sure why this wasn't addressed during the first or second surgery. Do you think another revision is necessary to fix the implant position?

Tuberous breast

a tuberous breast ca be different on each side. This appears to be your case.nAdditional surgery should make your breasts more even, good luck 

Vero Beach Plastic Surgeon

Capsular contracture

Dear Jexma,
It appears that you may have a capsular contracture on the left with displacement of the implant upward.  The front view photo is not a standardized full frontal view and it is difficult to tell if the left nipple is lower than the right, or if it is just the upwardly displaced implant making it look that way.  The correction may be as simple as moving the left implant to a lower position.  An in person exam would be required to determine if this is the case.  Good luck!

The real problem is....

that you have a tuberous or constricted breast deformity...this usually consists of a high/tight inframammary fold and a varying degree of breast tissue development that herniates though the nipple-areolar complex....this results in a droopy, narrow and sometimes triangulated appearing breast.... when a constricted breast is corrected using a breast implant, it is necessary to address these additional issues to avoid a high riding implant with a circumscribed breast sitting on top of itBest of luck....

Persistent asymmetry

From your photographs I do see the asymmetry between the left and right breasts. Tuberous breasts can be tricky to do and will sometimes need a secondary "touchup" in order to best match the breasts. Sometimes, in the first operation, there is not enough room to both lift and place a decent sized implant. I think a revision on the left to lower the implant and raise the nipple and areola with a redo of the peri-areolar incision would be indicated. Hope this is helpful.

Marc J. Salzman, MD, FACS

Revision of breasts

The left breast shows a double bubble deformity. The scar tissue shows a Baker 4 capsular contracture. An open capsulectomy with lowering the fold is necessary 

Stuart A. Linder, MD, FACS

Revision

It certainly looks like your nipple is low on  the one side and needs a lift, but an exam in person would b essential.

Breast revision

Tuberosity is a complex condition to treat and often requires more than one procedure. Only you can make a cost benefit analysis as to whether the proposed surgery would produce meaningful results for you personally.