Breast Lift w/Implants Help. What type would be best for me to start my research journey? (Photo)

I have my heart set on breasts with this fullness again, time & losing a significant amount of weight has deflated my breasts. What type of implants would be best for me to start my research journey? Round implants just look so hard & flattish in a lot of pictures, I may be wrong but I'm thinking maybe gummy silicone teardrops but I may be way off & I'm completely lost as to cc's, etc. Any feedback would be appreciated to help me start my research journey. Thank you

Intended Results of Lift with Implants - Choose Your Best Procedure

A #mastopexy or breast lift operation is designed to improve the shape and position of the breast swithout reducing their size. It is used for #breasts which sag or droop (ptosis). Sagging of the breasts may occur with normal development for some women, or as part of the aging process. Pregnancy, breast-feeding and weight loss are other conditions which increase breast ptosis. Some patients will have a better shape to their breast such as increased superior fullness if an #implant is used at the time of mastopexy. This is called an #Augmentation/Mastopexy.  The procedure can also be combined with a minor breast reduction to reduce the breast width if desired. The surgery will create an elevated, more youthful breast contour. Also, the procedure will create nipple and areolae of the desired size and at the correct height. 

#FatGrafting is another option to using #breastimplants and requires a small amount of liposuction to obtain the fat which is the prepared and transferred to the breast. 

A hybrid operation may use both an implant and fat to provide the best contours of the lifted breast.

I prefer to use a #shortscar technique, #LollipopScar or #DonutLift” rather than the majority of surgeons in the United States that use an anchor pattern lift which involve more significant scarring.

Implants with no lift is usually a mistake. Most breasts will look larger and droopier.  They will sag more and sooner because of the excess weight.  The shape will usually not be satisfactory. There will sometimes be a “Snoopy” breast or double bubble.

If the nipples are in a fairly high position on the breast or “glandular” ptosis or drooping, an implant may be useful.

Breast lift with implants

Hi, a breast lift with or without implants is a wonderful way to rejuvenate your body.  Round implants do give more fullness in the upper pole of the breast, which is where most volume is lost after weight loss and breastfeeding, but teardrop implants are also an excellent choice depending upon the type of look you are hoping to achieve.  The volume would be determined after an examination of your breast tissues.  The best way to start is by reaching out to a board-certified plastic surgeon in your area for a consultation at which you can be examined and your best options can be discussed.  This will also give you the opportunity to examine both types of implants.  Many surgeons also post a lot of information on their websites about what is involved in the procedure, and this can be another excellent way to get started on your research.  Best wishes.

Lift and implants

You need a full lift with implants. As for the right implants for you, that would depend upon your exam in person and your goals.  Best of luck!

Breast lift with implants

Thank you for the question and photos. You look like a great candidate for a breast lift with implants. I prefer the round silicone implants for you to give you more fullness in the upper part of your breasts. The size can be determined during your consultation where you can try on samples and feel the different  implants and their weight. You will also be measured for a range of appropriate implants that meet your goals. 

Please seek a board certified plastic surgeon in your area who you feel comfortable with. 

Best of luck and Happy Thanksgiving 

Dr. Khuthaila 

Dana Khuthaila, MD, FACS

Breast lift with implants

I prefer smooth round gels- they usually take on more of a tear drop shape under the muscle. Proper size and style selection will prevent unnatural appearance. A lift will also be required.

An exam and consultation with a plastic surgeon is recommended to discuss your options and expectations.

Your breasts

At an in person consultation you will get advice on what is best for you. I like smooth round implants, the gummy bear are too firm and don't move like normal breasts. Also a lift will be needed. Size is determined at your visit. 

William B. Rosenblatt, MD

Breast lift with implants

Hello and thank you for your question.  The best advice you can receive is from an in-person consultation.  With that being said, based on your photographs, you are a great candidate for a breast lift with implants.  A breast lift with an implant can result in a very nice shape if good technique is used.  The size, profile, and shape of the implant is based on your desired breast size/shape, your chest wall measurements, and soft tissue quality.  This decision should be based on a detailed discussion with equal input from both you and your surgeon.   Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and evaluate their results.   The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD