Can I get a breast lift without implants? (Photos)

Also will my cup size reduce following the surgery? And will my breasts sit in the same place before and after the surgery or will the BL bring them up higher? I know that I have tuberous breasts so how will I need something more than a breast lift? What are the chances of losing nipple sensation after a BL? Lastly, what is the best type of breast lift for my breasts & which BL technique has the lease scarring? Thank you!

Can I get a breast lift without implants?

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well..

The breasts may lose their elasticity and firmness which can be caused by different factors such as pregnancy, massive weight loss, lactation and aging. To reaffirm the breasts and restore the natural look your surgeon can perform a mastopexy or breast lift. A breast lift restores a firmer, perkier, and more aesthetically pleasing shape to sagging breasts. This not only can improve a patient’s appearance by restoring her youthful, feminine proportions, but  also help bras and swimsuits fit more comfortably and attractively. By removing excess, stretched out skin, reshaping the breast tissue, and raising the nipple & areola into a more forward position, a cosmetic surgeon can create a more youthful breast contour. Stretched, large areolae can also be reduced during breast lift surgery, creating an overall better proportioned, natural looking breast, Actually the perkiness on a person or another, depends on patients skin and breast tissue… Breast augmentation surgery increases or restores breast size using silicone gel implants, saline implants or in some cases, fat transfer. One of the most popular and frequently performed aesthetic surgery procedures, breast augmentation has a long and successful track record in satisfying women who wish to enhance, regain or restore balance to their figures.

Breast lift without implants

The key to success lies in letting you surgeon know specifically what you would like to look like following the surgery. For example, how perky do you want to be, what shape do you want to have, etc.? However from your description it would appear that a lollipop type lift would be best for you rather than a periareolar lift like the Benelli procedure. Here is a rule of thumb that works for most patients. If you nipple is above your lower breast crease then often a periareolar lift will be sufficient for most patients. If your nipple is at or below your crease then a vertical lift (lollipop lift), inverted T or anchor pattern may be required. The Lollipop incision for Grade 3 or 4 ptosis (areolar near or below your breast crease) works best in my hands and the use of a Lollipop technique can lift your breast to the perkiness you desire. However, other plastic surgeons are more comfortable with an inverted T or Anchor Pattern technique.The donut lift does tend to both flatten and have scars widened as you are removing skin around the areola which causes tension in that single area causing it to "spring' apart over time. With the Lollipop incision the tension is spread out over a greater distance of the lower vertical scar (where the areola once was) causing less tension on the areola and entire closure. The vertical lift tends to cone the breast making it more shapely (conical) and less flat. For a visual take a paper circle, cut out a small wedge on the bottom and bring the edges together to see this effect. In general I would pick the best Surgeon and explain fully what you want to achieve rather than the technique. Always choose a board certified Plastic Surgeon.

Breast lift or augmentation mastopexy

Hi and thanks for the photos.  You ask some excellent questions.  You do appear to have a mildly tuberous breast bilaterally with asymmetry.  You appear to be about a B-C cup breast size.  You certainly could elect to have a breast lift without augmentation and your breasts would be firmer, lifted and the nipples higher with a less constricted shape.  The cups size would not change but the breasts may appear more projected so outside of a bra, you may appear larger.I believe you would need a circumvertical (Lollipop) skin excision with release and repositioning of the gland (auto-augmentation) to achieve the best long term shape with the least scarring.  If there is excess skin in the area between the new nipple position and the bottom of the breast, you may need a short horizontal scar in the fold as well.  There is a chance of long term, significantly altered nipple sensation which nobody can accurately put a number on but is in the order of 20%.  I hope that helps
RegardsDr Mark Hanikeri MBBS, FRACSPerth Specialist Plastic Surgeon

Breast Lift

Hi there and thanks for posting.Your breast size should not decrease after a breast lift, if anything you may increase a cup size as all of your breast tissue will be sitting above your fold.Nipple sensation is a risk with any breast surgery, although the risk is relatively low with a lift.In my view the best type of lift is using a Wise or inverted T shaped scar. This does result in a longer scar but I think it gives you a better shape than a vertical scar lift alone.I hope that helps youBest wishesRichard

Questions

Since you have so many questions, I would suggest meeting with a board certified plastic surgeon and discussing all your concerns. During the consultation, you will be examined and measured and can discuss all your options. Yes, you can have a lift only. You may be a little smaller after the lift since the excess skin is removed. Any breast surgery may interfere with sensation, but the risk is low. The best lift will be determined after an examination. The least amount of scarring will the lift with the incision around the nipple-areola area.

Connie Hiers, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon