Breast lift or no breast lift? Mini tummy tuck or no? (photo)

30yr old, 34D. Doc said we can do a breast aug now and a lift later if I am unsatisfied. I want perky breasts without going too big. Will I get an adequate lift with just a silicone implant? I chose 385cc but open to suggestions. I'd rather get one surgery than two. Also, I asked about lipo to abdomen and flanks. Surgeon mentioned I need a mini tummy tuck in addition to lipo on the flanks. I've had 2 vaginal births. The scar of a TT makes me nervous. Can I get away with just lipo?

Breast lift

The shape of your breasts would probably make a breast lift necessary if you wanted them to be perkier. This is because your areolae and majority of breast tissue are below your breast crease. I think breast implants would not be sufficient in making them perkier, and would only enhance the sagging.

Mommy makeover options

Thank you for your question.  A breast lift can be performed at the same time of implant placement for optimal results  It's hard to say about your belly without an exam but it appears that liposuction would be beneficial at the least.  Be sure to consult with an experienced board certified plastic surgeon.  Good luck! 

Zachary Farris, MD, FACS

Breast lift or no breast lift? Mini tummy tuck or no?

Hello Dear, thank you so much for your questions and pictures.

According with your pictures you would be an excellent candidate for a breast lift with implants, this would give you a firm and better shape, for your abdomen I would recommend a Tummy Tuck, An incision is made above the pubic hair that extends towards the hips, means on your bikini line.

Hope to hear from you soon, best wishes!!

Ramon Morales, MD

Mommy Makeover Questions

I would highly encourage to go with a full breast lift (breast lift mastopexy) as well as an implant for your breast surgery.  Using an implant along will stretch out the skin even more due to the natural sag of the breast.  I personally would remove all the excess skin and tissue that has stretched and place an implant (depending on the size you prefer) to give you the cleavage you may/will loose after the reducing of the tissue and the excess skin.

As for the tummy area, it is a bit too hard to give you an recommendations without physically having a in person evaluation and seeing side photo views as well.  Typically due to pregnancy a majority of patients benefit from the tummy tuck over liposuction due to the muscle tightening they may need post pregnancy.

It appears from your photos you will need a breast lift as well as an augmentation.  The implant will add volume but I doubt it will provide enough lift to make your breasts as perky as you want.  A breast lift will change the shape of the breast and give perkiness to the breast but a lift by itself will not make the breasts fuller.  It is difficult to comment on a tummy tuck based on the one picture.  If you have substantial separation of your abdominal muscles, then a tummy tuck would be best.  See more board certified plastic surgeons to get opinions based on an in office exam.  Best wishes. 

Jeanette Padgett, MD, FACS
Oklahoma City Plastic Surgeon

Lipo Alone Instead of Tummy Tuck and No Breast Lift

The intentional result of a Breast Lift (#Mastopexy) is to improve the shape and position of the breast without reducing their size. It is used especially for breasts which sag or droop (#ptosis). However, many women report more satisfaction if an implant is used at the time of #mastopexy. The implants further shape their breasts, restoring superior fullness or volume which may be decreased over time.

In regards to implants alone, this is usually said to be mistake by patients reflecting back at the decision. Most breasts will look larger and more droopy with solely implants. They will sag more and sooner, due to the sudden and excess weight. At times it's possible for a “Snoopy” breast or double bubble to develop as a result.
Additionally, an implant with lift may be useful to re-position the nipples which may have been affected by ptosis or drooping. 

Your Plastic Surgeon will measure you to determine the best shape and size of the implants to be used. Shaped implants are all textured and should not rotate when used properly. In my practice, about 20% of the patients benefit from shaped implants.

The Mommy Makeover is a combination of procedures to bring a woman’s body back to the way she looked prior to pregnancy. Most commonly some variation of a #TummyTuck and #BreastSurgery are performed. Additional procedures can include liposuction, umbilical hernia repair.  The most common #breastprocedures include #mastopexy or #breastlift, #breastaugmentation, or #breastreduction.    
Healing after a  #tummytuck will require time. Some patients are out of bed and walking the night of surgery and every hour while awake. I allow my patients to return to work at one to two weeks with 14 days preferred.  However, no lifting or straining.  At three weeks, increased level of activity and full with no restrictions, at 6 weeks. #MummyTummy is a term given to modified tummy tucks which can use liposuction and skin tightening with radiofrequency such Vanquish, Vela3, thermage, thermiRF and others.  The actual fat contouring can be done non-surgically as well with #UltraShape or Cool-Sculpting.

Mommy makeover

For optimal results I would suggest a breast lift with implants, versus implants alone.  For the abdominal region I think you would benefit from the tummy tuck.  The scars seem scary to some, but they tend to heal for most where over time they are hardly noticeable, yet the beautiful new contour remains.  If you choose liposuction alone, you may end up unhappy with the results and regret that you didn't proceed with the tummy tuck.

Camille Cash, MD

Breast lift surgery corrects saggy breast, and changes the shape.  Implants add volume.  Your shape is bad, so I would get the lift and if you want more volume, you could do these procedures at the same setting.  As for your abdomen, you might consider liposuction now, and a tummy tuck if you are unhappy with the result.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

Breast lift and tummy tuck

Thanks for your question and your photo.

i suggest you to do a beast lift with implants, it would be good for you to combine a tummy tuck with a liposuction. 

Best of luck

Dr. Derby Sang Caputo

Derby Sang Caputo, MD

Best procedures for you

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us.
After having analyzed all the information and photos provided to us, I realize that you have a moderate breast fall.
In this regard, i recommend a breast augmentation with breast lift to get a bigger breast with adecuate projection. In other words, you need breast volume (implants) and you need breast projection (the lift).

I recommend you, to use a microtexturized highly cohesive silicon implant ("gummy bear" implants), with high projection, and volumes between 300ml-500ml to fill the breasts properly.

Finally, to perform the breast lift I recommend a Periareolar Round Block Breast Lift ("Benelli mastopexy"), which has an unnoticed scar around the areola, and if we see (in the surgery) that we can't obtain adecuate projection just with the Benelli Lift, we have to perform a "Lollipop breast lift".

In the other hand, I suggest Waist and back Liposculpture, getting better curves especially in the waist, improving your body contour.

Finally, I suggested take the fat we get and transfer to the buttocks and hips, to mold them and get better volume, contour and butt projection, is that we know as "Brazilian Butt Lift" (BBL).

Respectfully,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.- 

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD