Breast lift or no breast lift? Mini tummy tuck or no? (photo)

30yr old, 34D. Doc said we can do a breast aug now and a lift later if I am unsatisfied. I want perky breasts without going too big. Will I get an adequate lift with just a silicone implant? I chose 385cc but open to suggestions. I'd rather get one surgery than two. Also, I asked about lipo to abdomen and flanks. Surgeon mentioned I need a mini tummy tuck in addition to lipo on the flanks. I've had 2 vaginal births. The scar of a TT makes me nervous. Can I get away with just lipo?

Mommy makeover

For optimal results I would suggest a breast lift with implants, versus implants alone.  For the abdominal region I think you would benefit from the tummy tuck.  The scars seem scary to some, but they tend to heal for most where over time they are hardly noticeable, yet the beautiful new contour remains.  If you choose liposuction alone, you may end up unhappy with the results and regret that you didn't proceed with the tummy tuck.

Breast lift or no breast lift? Mini tummy tuck or no?

Breast lift surgery corrects saggy breast, and changes the shape.  Implants add volume.  Your shape is bad, so I would get the lift and if you want more volume, you could do these procedures at the same setting.  As for your abdomen, you might consider liposuction now, and a tummy tuck if you are unhappy with the result.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

Breast lift and tummy tuck

Thanks for your question and your photo.

i suggest you to do a beast lift with implants, it would be good for you to combine a tummy tuck with a liposuction. 

Best of luck

Dr. Derby Sang Caputo

Derby Sang Caputo, MD

Best procedures for you

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us.
After having analyzed all the information and photos provided to us, I realize that you have a moderate breast fall.
In this regard, i recommend a breast augmentation with breast lift to get a bigger breast with adecuate projection. In other words, you need breast volume (implants) and you need breast projection (the lift).

I recommend you, to use a microtexturized highly cohesive silicon implant ("gummy bear" implants), with high projection, and volumes between 300ml-500ml to fill the breasts properly.

Finally, to perform the breast lift I recommend a Periareolar Round Block Breast Lift ("Benelli mastopexy"), which has an unnoticed scar around the areola, and if we see (in the surgery) that we can't obtain adecuate projection just with the Benelli Lift, we have to perform a "Lollipop breast lift".

In the other hand, I suggest Waist and back Liposculpture, getting better curves especially in the waist, improving your body contour.

Finally, I suggested take the fat we get and transfer to the buttocks and hips, to mold them and get better volume, contour and butt projection, is that we know as "Brazilian Butt Lift" (BBL).

Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.- 

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

You would benefit from a breast augmentation with a periareolar lift to reduce and slightly elevate the size and position of your areolas.  Based on your photo and because of your concern with scarring, you would have a nice result with only liposuction as you do not have excessive rectus diastasis and excess abdominal wall skin.  Best wishes, Dr. T. 

Breast lift and implants - best plan

Thank you for asking about your breast implants, lift and tummy tuck.

• I don't think you can get your best advice on-line because your choices are complicated.
  • Combining a lift and an implant can be done - but you are likely to need a second procedure later on because when these two procedures are done together, corrections may be needed.
  • You appear to have drooping breasts and already are a D, a lift might be the better to start with -
  • Or that with a small implant.
  • Your abdomen photo suggests very widened muscle - so a muscle repair tummy tuck is a better approach.
  • But if you do not want a tummy tuck, liposuction is fine but will not come close to a tummy tuck result. 
  • These are personal decisions and you need to talk them over with your surgeon to decide what is best for you.
  • It is not a question of right or wrong - it is balancing your preferernces with your options.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Breast lift and liposuction

Based on your photo and without clinical evaluation I would suggest breast lift and augmentation with implant. Breast augmentation only will not work considering that you already have small ptosis. Breast lift and augmentation around 350 ml will give you desired look and long lasting result in a single surgery.

I would rather consider liposuction of abdomen and flanks than  mini abdominoplasty. Good luck.

Zoran Potparic, MD
Fort Lauderdale Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift and tummy tuck

There are many situations where a more complex surgical option is presented (i.e. adding a breast lift to an implant placement, or adding a tummy tuck to abdominal liposuction), with the explanation that although a simpler option is doable it may leave the patient ultimately unsatisfied.  The decision making often comes down to expectations.  If your surgeon thinks the more complex option will get you a better result, then that's probably the case.  Less aggressive options will likely yield less aggressive outcomes.  So, although simpler procedures can seem attractive, the patient has to consider what their tolerance is for potentially undergoing another surgery again if they're not happy.  It's not unreasonable for these decisions to require more than one visit to your surgeon and/or a second opinion.  In order to get a qualified, expert opinion on your surgical options and expectations, always have a in-person consultation with a plastic surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.

Keith M. Blechman, MD
New York, NY

Thank you for sharing your question and photograph.  I think based on your narrative that you would most benefit from an implant placement and breast lift to achieve your desired perky appearance.  As far as your stomach the best treatment would depend on the elasticity and any excess skin that may be present along your lower abdomen. See an ASPS board certified plastic surgeon in consultation.  They can best offer you the appropriate treatment plan.  

Breast implant lift question

Hello and thank you for the question and the photos. Based on the photos and your goals, i would suggest a full lift with implants. All lifts remove excess skin and to some extend, shrink the size of your breasts by removing the extra skin by a small degree. Implants don't have to be huge. They are best when the diameter of the implant and size matches the patients frame and figure. 

Implants alone will not give you the results you are looking for. You will still have some sagging skin and the nipple position will still be low. 

It's harder to answer the tummy question. The pic doesn't show enough of the tummy. An in person exam is best to determine how loose the skin is. That is something you can't really get from just a photo. 

You should have several consultations with board certified plastic surgeons before making any decision. You should expect to take 1-2 weeks off of work for recovery depending on the type of work you do.  

As always, it is best to be healthy, no smoking, and make sure any health conditions you have are managed by your primary care md.  

Best to you. 

Bennett Yang, MD
Rockville Plastic Surgeon